Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPMike View Post
    Post needs inflation prices updated lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah.. I'll probably do a 2024 update soon, although I don't think much will change apart from the prices. Looks like all parts are also still available, which is nice to see. In the meantime I got to see the KYB strut mounts in person (thanks ZHPizza) and they looked OK, so I might add those too given the price of the OEM mounts.

Also I don't often get proper driving feedback on this setup, but someone over at E46Fanatics was kind enough to share their impressions: https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...#post-19196059
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I thought I posted feedback on here but I just looked and I guess I didn't. I used your guide to refresh the suspension on both my ZHPs. One was about 140k miles and the other about 110k. My only experience is the before and after results, I've never used any other aftermarket setups. To me it was a night and day difference both times and the car felt so much better. When I pulled the old shocks out and compressed them they barely expanded at all so they definitely needed replacement.

I'm very appreciative of the work you did to put this guide together! I've pointed several people to it who were looking to refresh their suspensions.
    2005 Titanium Silver 330ci / 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic 330i

Im massively disappointed I listened to the recommended part numbers given here in this thread. First of all, 317-542 and 317-541 raised the ride height of my ZHP, I also did the e36 m3 rear shocks too. This setup turned my cars handling from amazing to base model nissan altama. The front and rear valving is not matched with this setup. My stock suspension with 300,000 handled much better. Who care is the m3 rear shock is bigger and more oil, if its not matched in valving its kinda point less. My ZHP rears lasted almost 300K doesn't matter if it was skinny.

Now Im going to have to buy all this stuff over again to get it back to where it should have been. So before anyone jumps, do some research instead of listing to bigger is better and having to drive your car pissed off everyday that you blew a bunch of money on the wrong stuff.

05 ZHP 6MT Sedan Titanium Silver

Any time I’ve used the e36 m3 rear shocks they’ve been fine.
    I’ve done it on two or three Zhp’s now. No slop and it handles great.
    Are your springs or anything else worn? Control arms?
    2003 330i ZHP; Imola/Alcantara 6 speed, 2002 330xi ZSP; Blue gray/Black 5 speed

I recently installed a set of Koni Active on an e46 and would highly recommend them with oe springs.

However the front also became higher but this is due to the worn out flat upper mounts.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I compared the front height on these 2 ZHP sedans. Measure is in mm starting at the bottom of rim, going thru center cap to bottom of fender.

2005 ZHP sedan with 125k miles
    Original struts
    602 mm (FL)

2005 ZHP sedan with 158k miles
    Suspension refreshed 3 years/7k miles ago with Sachs
    Added reinforcement plates (around 2 mm thick)
    607 mm (FR)

I didn't measure before the suspension refresh. I measured immediately afterwards and got this:
    FL = 613 mm
    FR = 611 mm

So yes, the height is decreasing over time.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Yeah.. I'll probably do a 2024 update soon, although I don't think much will change apart from the prices. Looks like all parts are also still available, which is nice to see. In the meantime I got to see the KYB strut mounts in person (thanks ZHPizza) and they looked OK, so I might add those too given the price of the OEM mounts.

Also I don't often get proper driving feedback on this setup, but someone over at E46Fanatics was kind enough to share their impressions: https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...#post-19196059
    I’m hoping you can verify some parts for me, as I did plug in your part numbers, specifically the front struts, and while my wholesale vendors photo showed a red label Sachs, what I got is different. They also look shorter than I’m accustomed to seeing. I measured the shaft (haha yes) and have some photos of you wouldn’t mind verifying everything looks correct.

I can also update some pricing for you tomorrow, Atleast what MSRP is being listed at. As I work at a shop, I paid less than listed MSRP on all this.

Not shown is the Z4 base strut mounts which ironically were cheaper with my ECS wholesale account than my shop warehouse vendor account. (Worldpac/SSF)

I greatly appreciate your time putting this all together! My last pieces are the Eibach springs and m3 front sway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just ordered up the Sachs for the front of my 01 330Ci Vert ( with 226A from factory ). I'll let you know how it goes.

The part numbers should be clear, 317 541 is correct for the front right.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    2005 ZHP sedan with 158k miles
    Suspension refreshed 3 years/7k miles ago with Sachs
    Added reinforcement plates (around 2 mm thick)
    607 mm (FR)
    We've come to find out that the E46 strut mount has been superseded to an E9x part number and I suspect it is dimensionally taller than the E46 used to be which then raises the front end ride height.

Lately we have been using a "shorter" Z4 strut mount with reinforcement plates.

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/.../post-19016159
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast