Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Are there any pictures of this setup installed on a car? Mainly looking for ride height pictures. I'm thinking replacing the stock, tired non-sport suspension on my touring with the budget line listed above...
    Here are 2 quick pics. Keep in mind that I have reinforcement plates in the back, so your car will be lower if you are just using the normal springs pads.

Name:  DSC05332.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  160.9 KB
    Name:  DSC05331.jpg
Views: 1956
Size:  142.7 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Thanks for the pics. That is a PERFECT ride height. Which of the two setups (budget vs. performance) do you have?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm running the performance setup. I was able to score the Pro-Kit springs for only $80 on FB marketplace, but I am so impressed by them that I would happily pay much more if I needed to buy another set. I didn't really emphasize it in the guide, but it's very important that you use either ZHP springs or the Pro-Kit springs because their spring rates match the valving of the dampers I listed.

Great write up! Wish I had this information 6 months back, definitely would have gone one of these two route.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonin88 View Post
    Just ordered everything from the A list. Turns out the used H&R kit I have been waiting for has bad rear shocks...
    Hoonin88, have you installed this set up? Thoughts and impressions?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is awesome! thanks so much for this write-up! Would everything be the same for a convertible ZHP? I think it's all the same...

Quote Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
    This is awesome! thanks so much for this write-up! Would everything be the same for a convertible ZHP? I think it's all the same...
    Yes it applies to all non-Ms.

So, for anyone else who might be thinking of using this setup, here is some info I found out the hard way... The part about the Z4 strut mounts is not totally correct. I searched for the SACHS 803-148 and they are ~$60/ea (cheapest I found is eBay). They are not available from most places, including FCPEuro. So then, I searched for the European part number 802-066 and found them on eBay for $38/ea and ordered 2. Upon receiving them I noticed that the guide pin is in a different position. I then googled photos of both the 803-148 and 802-066 and they are totally different looking. At this point I think I'll probably just go ahead and order the standard mounts for the E46
    This guide is still very helpful though, so thank you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
    So, for anyone else who might be thinking of using this setup, here is some info I found out the hard way... The part about the Z4 strut mounts is not totally correct. I searched for the SACHS 803-148 and they are ~$60/ea (cheapest I found is eBay). They are not available from most places, including FCPEuro. So then, I searched for the European part number 802-066 and found them on eBay for $38/ea and ordered 2. Upon receiving them I noticed that the guide pin is in a different position. I then googled photos of both the 803-148 and 802-066 and they are totally different looking. At this point I think I'll probably just go ahead and order the standard mounts for the E46
    This guide is still very helpful though, so thank you OP.
    Thanks for finding this out. Many people on the German forums use the Z4 strut mounts. I guess this means they are not available in the US after all. In any case I would recommend the E36 M3 strut mounts for anyone looking for performance.

Thank you for putting this together. I been looking at refreshing my suspension, with something slightly better than stock. The performance option seems best.

Do you have a recommendation for a kit for the bushings , control arms and what not? I’m looking to do a full refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast