Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Dash Cams for the ZHP in 2020

I don’t like the idea of having a dashcam, it just sort of irks me in the wrong way, but I feel like if I ever get to a point where I would wish I had one, I’d wish I could come back and slap myself in the face. Even the stupidest cheapest dashcam would suffice.

What I want is something I can install as stealth as possible that I can set and forget. I don’t want to know it’s there, and I don’t want other people to know it’s there. It’s hard to distinguish what’s a good dascham is, with dashcams being offered ranging in price from $50 to $300, brand names and chineses.

Has anyone looked into these before and can point me in the right direction? Unobtrusive, stealth, and maintenance free is what I’m after.

Look at the Viofo A129. Easy to Mount, Setup and the video quality is excellent!

https://www.blackboxmycar.com
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

This one is right up your alley - it basically replaces the mirror housing, so it's 90% stealth. Not sure how good it is though, given it doesn't seem like it's from one of the trusted brands, or even the ones commonly bought from ebay.

Trust me, even if the one I linked isn't a good one and you have to compromise stealth, it's definitely something good to have. You hear tons of horror stories online of accidents where there are no witnesses, then it's just your word vs. their word. I had an accident 3 years ago and luckily I didn't even need to use the footage, but if there was any doubt as to whose fault it was, the footage tells the whole truth:

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

The capacitors of the Viofo are really nice. It’s still kinda large. I’d forego a screen. Honestly I could probably tuck the body up where the sunroof thing is and just have a tiny camera sticking out.

t.er, that thing looks huge. I’ll explore blackbox my car

The Thinkware FA200 looks really nice, small, and simple

https://www.amazon.com/VanTop-Waterp...ct_top?ie=UTF8

This is the one i have installed. It just clips right on the rear view mirror. It’s very flush with the mirror, so I can hardly tell there’s a the actual rear view mirror behind it. Very discreet and 2k quality! Well-built materials. Been very happy so far, and all the customer reviews have been positive. Costs only 100 dollars too. Lots of POSITIVE reviews of it on YouTube as well.

don't we already have a dash cam thread?

i went with the blackvue dr750s-2ch for the m240i. I stuck it so that it's right behind the rearview mirror when viewed from the driver's seat so you can't see it. can't really see it in the front or from the rear either. I have the same unit for my car, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    don't we already have a dash cam thread?

i went with the blackvue dr750s-2ch for the m240i. I stuck it so that it's right behind the rearview mirror when viewed from the driver's seat so you can't see it. can't really see it in the front or from the rear either. I have the same unit for my car, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet lol
    Yeah, I think there are a few. I had one, it's a bit old at this point: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-think-of-them

I bought a Nexar after hearing a few people gush about them. I havent put it on yet so I cannot vouche for it personally. I’m going to do it when I replace my A-pillars (saggy fabric) so I can route the wire inside the pillar.

https://www.getnexar.com/
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

That nexar looks really neat - nice and tiny. I think I might call them and ask about their product. Reason for this thread is these stupid dashcams keep changing.