Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dave's 2004 330xi ZHP Imposter

Making this thread to keep a running log of changes to the car and share my progress!

A little bit about my 330xi..
    Currently has 205k on the ODO, no rust anywhere except for light bubbling on the pass rear fender. It's a factory slicktop, 6mt car. ZCW, ZSP, ZPP car. Just missing the zhp package! Shame it wasn't available for the XI's. That's why we're here!

Carfax says at some point in 2010 the car had a minor collision on the front passenger side. There is evidence of this. Not sure why it was fixed the way it was, however the front bumper was replaced with a ZHP replica bumper and the fender support bracket, along with bumper support was geniusly held in place by... what looks to me like silicone putty. So there is some fitment issues with all the bracketry on the passenger side as well as the bumper supports missing on both sides of the bumper.

This is all being addressed!

Onwards to future plans and current progress..

When I bought the car I noticed that the obc stated the last oil service was -38,000 miles ago. The seller noted that he recently did an oil change and flushed the coolant. So I drove the car for a little while, put maybe a thousand miles on it or so and was met with a low oil light. Sure, a 200k mile m54 burning a little oil should be expected. Ordered a liqui moly change kit from FCP and hauled the car into the garage.

However, I was not prepared for the ridiculousness that would follow.. I doubt this picture would do it any justice whatsoever... but I believe the OBC estimate to be correct. The oil that poured out was so black that it seemed to negate any light. All of the o rings in the oil filter housing were hard and brittle. The filter itself was the consistency of soup and turned to mush just moments after taking this photo.

Among the atrocity, I noticed the car seemed to roll quite a bit in corners. It was not very planted and bumps seemed harsher than usual. Decided to inspect the car and to my surprise.. the car was on sachs shocks and blue h&r sports. Well that explains why my xi sits lower than normal. Explains the harsh and firm ride but not completely. Why was the car rolling so much that I was nearly falling out of my well-bolstered sport seats? Ah...

Passenger sway bar end link has failed! Another order placed with FCP euro and got that all squared away. The cv boots have pretty much all seen better days. Shelving that project for better days. Getting cold here in the northeast now.

Only had one working fog light and found that all the fender liners were missing. The wiring on the passenger side for the fog lights looked like someone forcefully pulled off pigtails and connectors. So I purchased some pigtails off of ebay and wired them in. We have 2 working fog lights now! Also went ahead and changed out the xenon bulbs for some nice oem temp D2s and some generic sylvania bulbs for the others. And.... along with the lighting improvements, took a DA to the headlight housings to get them a little less hazy.

Don't really have any before pics for this one.. but installed some alcantara boots for both the shifter and e-brake. Car could use a nice vaccuming.

So whats to come?

I've got a black headliner set on the way and will be yanking out the tan and saggy trim. I quite like the aluminum as opposed to the cube trim and other's available for e46's. A new steering wheel is en route, probably the closest match I'll find to the OEM leather as a rewrap.

Was thinking of trying to source an alcantara wheel/seats but not sure if I'm comfortable enough with making sure I take good care of it. So for now, stock seats and oem leather will do.

That's about up to date with where we're at with the car.
    Will be ripping out the interior shortly!

Also, enjoy some pictures of my (new to me) zhp wheels.
    They have some curb rash but are free of any bends or cracks. Picked them up for $450 and slapped some a/s tires on. Didn't deem it cost effective to clean up the curb rash at this time and well, lets face it.. this isn't a show car! Maybe at a later point.

18x8 225/40 F and 18x8.5 255/35 R

Good progress here.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Glad the car is now in good hands!
    We also have an xi that had the ZHP/M-Tech front bumper cover, side skirts & rear diffuser added sometime in its life. It's a gray-green/black vinyl (looks new!) 2002 325xi with 5-spd & 160k miles.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Glad the car is now in good hands!
    We also have an xi that had the ZHP/M-Tech front bumper cover, side skirts & rear diffuser added sometime in its life. It's a gray-green/black vinyl (looks new!) 2002 325xi with 5-spd & 160k miles.
    This is awesome! I've been trying to dig through some old blogs/resources to try and see what's original and what isn't..
    Are the exterior bits that were added on your xi the same as the ones on my car?
    I believe the side skirts and rear bumper on mine are factory.. vin break down says it was equipped with PKG:
    715 M Aerodynamics Package M Aerodynamikpaket

But the front bumper is mtech 2 which is why I assumed that was non-original.
    I drive the speed limit (sometimes over) through parking lots.
    STS Prepped AutoX Car - 90 Miata // M50 Swap Project - 85 325E // ZHP Imposter - 04 330xi

The aero pkg doesn't show up on our build sheet - someone added the authentic BMW pieces, and a wing to the trunklid...
    Front bumpers are often damaged - not surprising to need replacement over the years.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Awesome project

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Looking good, glad that Xi has a good home. Keep us posted.

Welcome

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Working remotely and taking advantage of the nice weather, decided to prep the car for the new black interior trim.
    As luck would have it, shortly after picking up some zhp wheels, I found a part out from a zhp slicktop with black trim!!
    Did not think I'd find myself a slicktop black headliner so soon.

Commence operation: DO NOT BREAK THE CLIPS

Previous owner installed an eonon headunit which works fine.. except I don't need the microphone or the gps sensor. Looked real ugly and wasn't tucked behind the a pillars or headliner properly either.

Will likely take the opportunity to do a deep interior clean with both seats out after I get the headliner and a,c pillars in.
    More to come shortly!!
    I drive the speed limit (sometimes over) through parking lots.
    STS Prepped AutoX Car - 90 Miata // M50 Swap Project - 85 325E // ZHP Imposter - 04 330xi

Nice Xi! Shame about the previous owner's maintenance but it seems like you're already giving it it some TLC. So M-Tech II front bumper but M-Tech I side skirts and rear bumper? My sis had a Canadian 330Xi M-Sport (same aero kit as a ZHP), great car. Sadly it burned down.

Also, nice NA Miata! I'm still sad about my father selling his with the R-Package. Such a fun little car. Did yours used to have a rack on it? I ask because of the holes in the trunk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast