Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Nice Xi! Shame about the previous owner's maintenance but it seems like you're already giving it it some TLC. So M-Tech II front bumper but M-Tech I side skirts and rear bumper? My sis had a Canadian 330Xi M-Sport (same aero kit as a ZHP), great car. Sadly it burned down.

Also, nice NA Miata! I'm still sad about my father selling his with the R-Package. Such a fun little car. Did yours used to have a rack on it? I ask because of the holes in the trunk.
    Yes, I did have the luggage rack on it. Will likely source another trunk, although being a track car... I should just say the holes are there for weight reduction

Wow, afaik factory R-package cars are pretty rare these days. Such a shame! And so sorry to hear about your sister's 330xi.
    I drive the speed limit (sometimes over) through parking lots.
    STS Prepped AutoX Car - 90 Miata // M50 Swap Project - 85 325E // ZHP Imposter - 04 330xi

So I ventured out on a 5 hour round trip to pick up the black pillars, trim and headliner. Everything went smoothly. UNTIL I GOT HOME!
    As I was pulling into my driveway I heard a roaring sound. Metal on metal dragging and it seemed to be inconsistent with speed. Upon inspection of each wheel I noticed that my driver rear pad bracket was digging a deep metal groove into the rotor. Uh-oh. The brake pad had turned to dust. Well, all the other pads seem to have life. While I waited for my full set of pads & rotors from fcp I installed the interior.

But first, lets take a look at these rear pads... New ceramic akebono pads for comparison

Old grooved rotor and new zimmerman rotor for comparison

And a little snapshot of the work underway..

Now for the good stuff. MONEY SHOT!

Yes I know, my steering wheel is disgusting. More on that in the future

Interior looks to be shaping up nicely. A few more little touches to reach the overall vision!

So whats next? Well I've got all of the front end bracketry and just need to find the time to tear everything apart. BMW uses a blind rivet to hold the fender support bracket in place and... well.. i'll likely need to drill it out and then put in the new rivet with a rivet gun. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
    STS Prepped AutoX Car - 90 Miata // M50 Swap Project - 85 325E // ZHP Imposter - 04 330xi

Quote Originally Posted by dbuilt View Post
    Yes, I did have the luggage rack on it. Will likely source another trunk, although being a track car... I should just say the holes are there for weight reduction

Wow, afaik factory R-package cars are pretty rare these days. Such a shame! And so sorry to hear about your sister's 330xi.
    Yeah, supposedly only about 1,800 NA Miatas were sold with the R Package. Surprisingly (at least to me), they don't go for much more above the standard NA. It took months to sell my father's and one guy came by, drove it for two minutes and decided to buy it on the spot, no haggling. Used car sales is a weird place.

Nice work with the interior! A sagging roof liner would drive me nuts.

Good to hear you had chance to arrive home just before the brake failure. And yes ... interior is looking much better.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

+1

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Another small but big update to the zhp imposter.

Old crusty and worn wheel. It's got to go!

GOOOOOOOOODBYE FOREVER

And now for the very fitting and beautiful replacement...

JUST KIDDING!

MUCHHHHHH BETTER.

LOL ... I almost stormed out with your joke. New wheel looks great.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post

They had us in the first half...

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    They had us in the first half...
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    <- this is what i was going for, quick hook line and sinker. Thanks folks, think with the new wheel and headliner i'm about done with interior stuff. Running out of ideas for the interior. Think I may need to replace the center armrest as its worn and flaky.. Is a Coby rewrap the move for this?

I'd like to also get an mtech 2 rear bumper to match the front. Only makes sense, otherwise looks a bit silly with an mtech 2 front and mtech 1 rear. Thoughts?

I could live with the Mtech 1 rear bumper. Just my 2 cents.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast