Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ZHP spoiler attempted theft in 2020

Parked my car in san jose california and noticed my spoiler has a crack one morning. I walked around and found they tried to steal the right side drip rail and front bumper. They managed to steal my RF bumper trim and left front washer nozzle cover. What bugs me the most is that my rear trunk is in pristine condition under the clear armor. They used a sharp object and it cut thru the film. that dented and scratched the paint. I have full coverage and The insurance company said value of the car is only 4k and the repair will be over $2k. I argued that this is a zhp and not just a regular 330i. Waiting to hear from their adjustor to check on values.

Oh and on top of that I had my coworker dismount the tires so I can have my stock wheels refinished. I was asking for it back after a vacation and he said that he had sold them.

Yeah, been through that as well...

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Ugh, such scumbags... your trunk gets ruined, just because of some small crummy spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SPDZHP View Post
    Oh and on top of that I had my coworker dismount the tires so I can have my stock wheels refinished. I was asking for it back after a vacation and he said that he had sold them.
    Dafuq???
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Parked my car in san jose california and noticed my spoiler has a crack one morning. I walked around and found they tried to steal the right side drip rail and front bumper. They managed to steal my RF bumper trim and left front washer nozzle cover. What bugs me the most is that my rear trunk is in pristine condition under the clear armor. They used a sharp object and it cut thru the film. that dented and scratched the paint. I have full coverage and The insurance company said value of the car is only 4k and the repair will be over $2k. I argued that this is a zhp and not just a regular 330i. Waiting to hear from their adjustor to check on values.
    A story as old as time, I swear. Sorry you have to go through that. It's my nightmare that someone will try and vandalize/steal something from my car as it sits.

Jokes aside, wtf?

Oh man, that sux! Keep fighting re insurance, show them the prices of recent ads/for sale listings.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Damn, that sucks about the thefts. Seems like a series of random pieces they tried to take... drip rail? bumper trim? washer nozzle cover? spoiler?

And, WTH's up with your coworker?

Best of luck with insurance. Maybe Bring A Trailer valuations would help. Keep us posted.

Before pics

Name:  zhp1.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  45.1 KBName:  zhp2.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  29.8 KB

After

Name:  zhp3.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  42.6 KBName:  zhp4.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  166.0 KB

[QUOTE=az3579;601262]Yeah, been through that as well...

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Oh man, that sux! Keep fighting re insurance, show them the prices of recent ads/for sale listings.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    I have looked at recent for sale ads and informing the adjustor that this is not just a regular 330i and that all these parts came from the factory installed. The gloss black grill was an OEM BMW part from the old BMW performance catalog. Yes they tried to steal that too and all they did was break the clips. Went to the dealer and found out they are NLA. BTW the torx bolt that is on the passenger side bumper is loose and the bumper moves about 3 inch forward on the passenger side only. I did not know that caused the fender liner to be dislodged and rubbed on the tire while I drove to the body shop to get another repair estimate for comparison.

Yes the coworker. When I made the call I had just picked up my son from school and overheard the rated "G" conversation. I hung up the phone and he asked why would someone sell something that does not belong to them? He is 6 and he gets it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast