Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Howdy

Howdy

Hi everyone, excited to join the ZHP Mafia! My ZHP is the below car won on C&B. I'll take some of my own pictures soon. I have so many questions and have already found so much helpful information on the site. I picked up the car in Arvada, CO and drove it back home to Dallas. About 250 miles outside of Dallas the Service Engine Soon light came on but the car made it home fine. I took it to Bimmers Only in Dallas to get it sorted and they discovered after smoke testing that the DISA valve and air intake boot were leaking. They replaced those along with some coolant parts and fixed a major rear diff leak. Got the car back the weekend and thankfully got it inspected before the Service Engine light came back on again with the same P0171 and P0174 fault codes (grrr).

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3pA...330i-zhp-sedan

Are there are any ZHP Mafia members in the DFW area that have used Bimmers Only for repairs? I have looked over the board concerning the fault but curious if anyone has any thoughts.

Projects that I hope to undertake myself include taking care of the A pillar fabric that looks pretty bad, replacing the driver side xenon bulb or housing circling the high beam, and fixing a short that has caused the low windshield wiper fluid light to be on at all time even though there is plenty of fluid.

Again so excited to join the site and be part of the small ZHP community.

Thx
    Nick
    Last edited by ElNiko; 11-09-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Is the bulb dying or is it a burnt reflector? The reflector bulbs in sedans are well known to be burnt and decrease output.

Howdy from KY!
    You sure about the codes? they are not P0171 or P0174? Oxygen sensors?
    Anyway, glad you have a ZHP!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Welcome, Nick. My money is on burnt bowls. I have the same issue on my 2005 ZHP sedan.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Doh, you are right! I knew the codes ended 71 and 74 but got before that wrong. Went ahead and corrected my first post. So on the headlights the xenon circle is completely out; when i turn off the car or turn on the lights I get two circles on the passenger side but only one on the driver side.

Driving the car this weekend was such a blast. My prior car which I gave to my wife is a 2010 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan which had good power but was not much fun to drive. I now definitely understand how people can get addicted to BMW ownership.

Welcome. Well bought! You'll love it here. I vote to lose the M bling colors in the grille to make it correct
    Pete

Just for fun, I looked the distance between Arvada CO and Dallas TX: 800 miles. Good way to get familiar with your car.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture