Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

At ZHP price point is there a comparable "sportscar"?

I have owned a 2005 imola/tan ZHP vert with six speed manual for 3.5 years (118k miles). I love everything about the car and am not ready to sell it but I'm always looking for a potential replacement. Problem is, if I am optimistic about what the car is worth, I'd use a sale price of 9 to 10 thousand dollars (especially if someone specifically wanted Imola/tan vert six speed) and, even at $10000 dollars, I can't find anything that even comes close to the ZHP's performance and handling. My basic requirements for a car are vert/six speed manual. Can anyone recommend a car for $10000 that would meet my requirements?

Boxster S for sure, that thing will outhandle a stock ZHP and you can get it with even more power in the 3.2 version. If the IMS bearing hasn't been done, I would consider it a 2k upfront cost, in some ways like the RACP reinforcement necessary on E46s. So just add that to the purchasing price.

Name:  Screenshot_2020-11-17 No Reserve 40k-Mile 2000 Porsche Boxster S 6-Speed.png
Views: 1384
Size:  930.8 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Although not directly comparable, an NA or NB Miata can be had for well under $10k and gives as many if not more smiles per hour than a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by pgiorgio View Post
    I have owned a 2005 imola/tan ZHP vert with six speed manual for 3.5 years (118k miles). I love everything about the car and am not ready to sell it but I'm always looking for a potential replacement. Problem is, if I am optimistic about what the car is worth, I'd use a sale price of 9 to 10 thousand dollars (especially if someone specifically wanted Imola/tan vert six speed) and, even at $10000 dollars, I can't find anything that even comes close to the ZHP's performance and handling. My basic requirements for a car are vert/six speed manual. Can anyone recommend a car for $10000 that would meet my requirements?
    When you're going to sell that car, please let me know... I'm aging out of the need for a sedan (as my younger kids will old enough to drive themselves soon), and would love to trade out my 9/10 TiAg 6 speed sedan slick-top for that combination. (Nothing like top-down driving.)
    '03 330i/6 ZHP TiAg
    2017 Chevy Bolt
    2016 eGolf meh... Gone
    Donated: '97 328i (wife's)
    Sold: Supercharged '96 318 Convertible
    Sold: '05 330/6 ZHP SilverGray

The bottom end of the 86/BRZ twins are approaching $10k. They're not as good of a daily as the ZHP but they handle so much better. First time I drove one I was so shocked how good the steering felt, knowing it was EPS. I also prefer the ergonomics, the seating position in the ZHP is a tad high for my liking, whereas you sit lower and feel cocooned and feel like the car is shink-wrapped around you in the twins. And if you throw a set of sticky tires on them, they are one of the dominating platforms at autox, and are pretty quick on track.

Thing is that from what I've heard from friends, you will want a 2015+, which would be hard to come by at $10k.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

First gen z4? Under the hood should look very familiar. I’d love to drive around pretending to be Clive Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk