Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I priced OEM Auto Fold M3 side mirrors and at $1600 just to have OEM I don't feel it is worth the coin so I was able to source OEM M3 manual side mirrors for $350 from a friend of mine to convert instead.

OEM M3 auto fold side mirrors:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-Gen...UAAOxyGxxSKOnS

For my M3 what I did instead was get an M3 rep (aka M5 style side mirror) auto fold mirror for around $200 with $45 shipping and pulled the auto fold motor from the mirror arm and transplanted them into my M3 manual mirror arm to get the auto fold functionality. From there it was just plug and play and I now have auto folding side mirrors on my M3.

Here is the link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-Cou...QAAOSw3xJVXcoL

I don't know about you Steve but to have auto fold functionality where you can program the car so you can use your key fob to auto fold your side mirrors just like factory and spend $200 + shipping to do this... I would go this route rather than spend $1600 just to have this functionality... just my opinion.

Call me tonight and we will discuss this in more detail.
    I'm thinking of sourcing used from ebay UK etc..

The Euro ones should be power:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-Ser...0AAOSwLeZfZgq-

Charlie, I am glad you chimed in. You are definitely experienced with it.

Steve,
    This is the pictures from this past July, where Charlie helped me to install mirrors and modify doors on my touring.
    I purchased them from another member, who did a motors swap.
    I just need to paint them and modify doors my car.

Charlie, how come I didn't find any pictures of you working on my mirrors-))) There are somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One more thing. This is the mirrors glass that I went with. They are cheap Ebay parts, but for the money, they works fine for me.
    Not sure if this helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys... Spoke with Charlie--he's the best. We've got a game plan!

I will be updating my DIY to include installing OEM M3 side mirrors and updating them into auto folding mirrors for Verts...pictures will be taken throughout the process when I help Steve install his set on his ZHP

This was the result of installing OEM M3 side mirrors on Sergy’s touring in July. At the time Sergy was not sure we would have enough time to install them and since Botond was there to take care of any coding needed I said let’s do this and off we went. The car looked so much better with the MTEC II bumpers and OEM M3 side mirrors. Gave this beautiful Touring a more aggressive and sporty look.

I know Steve’s vert will look awesome when we are done installing OEM M3 side mirrors to his summer ride

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-18-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Game plan:

1. OEM Used US-spec M3 mirrors (paint them)
    2. OEM Euro Mirror glass: 51167145267 & 51167145268
    3. OEM power switch (purple back): 61316901383
    4. Mirror motors from eBay m5 replica mirrors --> transplant to the OEM m3 mirrors
    5. 3D printed bases -- they line up the OEM M3 mirror mounts with the eBay rep motors
    6. Program car: allow mirrors to both flip with button and remote key...

I think anyhow lol

OEM M3 mirrors with power autofold for convertible... Help me please

Today I worked on Steve’s OEM M3 side mirrors for his upcoming project and set up the mirror motor base plates that will be going into his OEM M3 mirror housings.

I did some trimming of the posts before mounting a set of Sergy’s 3D mirror motor base plates

Then I proceeded to reinstall everything for the trip to Steve’s place in the morning where I will take everything apart again to transplant in the autofold motors he has so I can transform these OEM M3 side mirrors into true auto folding M3 side mirrors

Driver’s side done... found a broken wire on one of the heating wires so I gave this wire a proper fix.

Then the passenger’s side

Sergy’s mirror motor base plates really help the retrofit process here and since I helped Sergy do his retrofit in July, I know these base plates will work out perfectly

There is still more work involved before Steve’s retrofit is completed but progress is being made towards installing this on his ZHP

This is something that ZHPs should have gotten from the factory in my opinion and something I am happy to help correct in a friend's car. It will add to the look and in the end it's about friends helping each other out.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-21-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks to Shawn, I have a solid idea what I need to do to wire in the auto fold motors so everything will work when plugged in. This is the only thing that stopped me from doing the auto fold on my first ZHP... I now know how to do this so my current ZHP will also be getting auto folding functionality just like what Steve's ZHP is about to get...

OEM M3 mirrors with power autofold for convertible... Help me please

The power fold mirror motors have been removed from the M3 rep mirrors and transplanted over to the OEM M3 mirrors... the base plates and mirror housings have been removed so they can be sent to paint. When Steve has everything together he will contact me and I will stop by with additional connector plugs and wiring to complete the power fold motor connections when we put everything back together....
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-22-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast