Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    The power fold mirror motors have been removed from the M3 rep mirrors and transplanted over to the OEM M3 mirrors... the base plates and mirror housings have been removed so they can be sent to paint. When Steve has everything together he will contact me and I will stop by with additional connector plugs and wiring to complete the power fold motor connections when we put everything back together....
    I took the OEM M3 baseplates and shells, cleaned them thoroughly (dirt in cracks etc), and dropped them off at the body shop this morning to be painted)... Let's see what comes in first--painted mirrors or the Euro lenses and power switch from Germany...

Seriously looking forward to completing this project with you Steve We will detail this process with lots of pictures for the vert crowd... you guys who own verts and want to do this don't realize just how easy this is to do... Us sedan/touring owners have to mod our baseplates and drill additional holes into our doors to make this work.

There will be movement on Steve's OEM M3 side mirror retrofit project now that everything is ready to put together and set up...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    There will be movement on Steve's OEM M3 side mirror retrofit project now that everything is ready to put together and set up...
    There sure was! Thans to @cakM3 the mirrors are on! We still need to figure out the rest of the power fold, but for now the mirrors are on and look perfect

Name:  IMG_2153.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  555.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2161.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  417.1 KB

Looks perfect Steve! Like I said yesterday, this is something that BMW should have done to further separate the Performance Package option 3-series from the others. I'm glad to have helped make this correction to your ZHP Vert

:LIKE

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

@sna77, that looks fantastic, both the mirrors and the car overall. Wow, really pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    @sna77, that looks fantastic, both the mirrors and the car overall. Wow, really pops.
    Thanks! She’s really coming along. Has 90k miles. Bought from the wife of the original owner this summer - it was his summer car, always garaged, not a drop of rust. Had it shipped to my friend’s BMW shop in Belmont and we swapped out ~$20k in new, OEM parts. Currently waiting for the last of a few trim pieces to come in—I’m replacing all the plastic trim in the car—it’s going to look amazing! Speaking of—I need to update my build thread with new pics

Sorry to bump the thread, but has anyone ever figured out the M3 base not "fitting" 100% with the door mounting area?
    When I did this on my silver ZHP sedan, there was gap on the bottom of the mirror base and the hypotenuse of the base was not parallel with the door line.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast