Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Is it just me or am I too attached to my ZHP....would you sell for an EV

I have owned numerous BMW's and non BMW's for the past 20 years. I have always kept my 95 e36 M3 purchased in 01 and the ZHP in 2008. I purchased the ZHP in 2008, sold in 2009, had sellers remorse and call it destiny but I saw my car for sale at CL from the buyer and purchased it again in 2010.

I a looking at buying a performance Model S as a commuter. A few of my friends are already offering to buy my ZHP. What would it take for you guys to replace your ZHP? I currently have the M3, ZHP and F25 M package for the wife. The F25 will be sold in the future for a Model X. I just cant bear to part with the ZHP and M3 even when they say that I horde old BMW's lol.
    Last edited by 6SPDZHP; 11-23-2020 at 12:15 AM.

I don't even have a ZHP and yet the only thing that could replace it is something equal in its balance of a connected, sporty driving experience and comfortable daily. So basically an E46 Alpina B3 or a ND Miata. In fact, when I test drove the ND Miata, it felt remarkably similar to the E46 in terms of pedal feel and engine characteristics.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I will horde my ZHP and all the parts I've yet to put into it until the day I die or some horrible fate befalls it/my wallet

Is it just me or am I too attached to my ZHP....would you sell for an EV

I figure things like my ZHP and Jeep are bought and paid for. The monetary valuation does not balance the value of ownership. The cost of anything I would replace either with, like the Power Wagon I picked up a couple years ago, would not be offset enough by selling either. If I changed jobs and got an ev, which would be the sport model s, it would not take the place of anything in my garage. Just something else parked in the driveway. I’m about to post in the bourbon whiskey thread, so take that with a grain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    or some horrible fate befalls it/my wallet
    +1. With the mileage my car has, I've had to fight insurance 2/2 times that I've had accidents. Right now even a small fender-bender could cause my car to be totalled, then I'd have to explain the ZHP package, all the maintenance I've done to it, yadda yadda yadda. Another big reason (aside from rust) why I don't drive in the winter, I don't want some elderly man in a Corolla on all-seasons skidding into me in the snow
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

BMWCurves- I have quite a collection of parts that fits my ZHP. I know how you feel.

t.er - Im in the process of fighting with my insurance that this is a ZHP (somebody tried to steal a few parts off the car but mostly broke them,). I even sent for sale listings on how much they currently go for so as not to total it. My friend suggested using hagerty insurance for they insure it the value you deem that car is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSET303 View Post
    I figure things like my ZHP and Jeep are bought and paid for. The monetary valuation does not balance the value of ownership. The cost of anything I would replace either with, like the Power Wagon I picked up a couple years ago, would not be offset enough by selling either. If I changed jobs and got an ev, which would be the sport model s, it would not take the place of anything in my garage. Just something else parked in the driveway. I’m about to post in the bourbon whiskey thread, so take that with a grain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is a good point. I am set on a P85 or P85+ and they are about $35k-$39k used plus taxes so its about 40k. Even if I sell both the M3 and Zhp, it will not make a difference. Besides, I know that my M3 has lasted 25 years, zhp 17 years and it will have many more years to come. The MS on the other hand, There is not enough data that there will be software/parts support when the car is over 10 years old. They were released on 2012 and that early VIN's may become obsolete.
    Last edited by 6SPDZHP; 11-22-2020 at 11:52 PM.

I would only add to, not part with my ZHP. 'Too attached' is not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture