Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You don't even need a Pedal Box IMO. Literally just reset your throttle. You'll be amazed how responsive it will be.

Instead of spending 3k, it would be better to spend $100 and get a 3.38 diff. Combine that with a new stock Mahle (not Mann or Hengst) air filter, maybe some stiffer engine and trans mounts and I can guarantee you will not recognize the car. Fuel system cleaning along with a new fuel filter can also yield very good results (regain 10hp that were lost).

Once you've done all of the above and still feel like you need more, you can start with stuff like headers and maybe some lightweight pistons. Also why spend $860 on a probably useless Dinan throttle body (I think very lowly of Dinan) when you can get a proven-to-work and much cheaper Pizzabody?
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I still like eirher the PB or SB. When the PB came out, it had 5 adjustments to the SBs 3, so people liked fhe Pb. Both now have multiple adjustments so I think either wld be fine. Neither changes actual performance, just the feel of the throttle response.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    You don't even need a Pedal Box IMO. Literally just reset your throttle. You'll be amazed how responsive it will be.

Instead of spending 3k, it would be better to spend $100 and get a 3.38 diff. Combine that with a new stock Mahle (not Mann or Hengst) air filter, maybe some stiffer engine and trans mounts and I can guarantee you will not recognize the car. Fuel system cleaning along with a new fuel filter can also yield very good results (regain 10hp that were lost).

Once you've done all of the above and still feel like you need more, you can start with stuff like headers and maybe some lightweight pistons. Also why spend $860 on a probably useless Dinan throttle body (I think very lowly of Dinan) when you can get a proven-to-work and much cheaper Pizzabody?
    First thing I did after purchase was replace all fluids, including tranny and diff, and replaced the fuel filter. Plus a long list of standard maintenance stuff. Also, all new brakes, front control arms, poly FCAB, M3 RTABs, and Koni suspension. See the pic where I stopped at BavAuto (RIP) on my way home with the car after purchase.

Ok, three questions:
    1.) How does one reset the throttle map?
    2.) $100 and get a 3.38 diff? Interested to know how to get one that cheap. I suppose an AT part out, but I suspect it would be prudent to tear it down and replace all the seals. Also need to be careful on mileage.
    3.) Pizzabody? spelling? Google is confused.

Name:  IMG_7301small.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  1.01 MB

2005 330ci ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by E46Fan View Post
    1.) How does one reset the throttle map?
    2.) $100 and get a 3.38 diff? Interested to know how to get one that cheap. I suppose an AT part out, but I suspect it would be prudent to tear it down and replace all the seals. Also need to be careful on mileage.
    3.) Pizzabody? spelling? Google is confused.
    There's a guide here for resetting the pedal box: https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/t...faster.927646/

You can grab a 3.38 from a part out or Craigslist or whatever. I've seen several 3.38s on Craigslist over the years for about $100. I don't think you need to tear it down, I would just find one with similar mileage as yours and do a straight swap.

The Pizzabody can be found here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...123#post601123
    Last edited by Galapolis; 09-04-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Why Mahle specifically? I never knew there was a difference

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Why Mahle specifically? I never knew there was a difference
    I thought all the filters were the same too so I always bought Mann because everyone says to buy it. But out of curiosity I bought the Mahle once and it noticeably improved throttle response and I've just been sticking to it since. It looks and feels higher quality than the Mann too.

I thought all the filters were the same too so I always bought Mann because everyone says to buy it. But out of curiosity I bought the Mahle once and it noticeably improved throttle response and I've just been sticking to it since. It looks and feels higher quality than the Mann too.
    About to buy one right now! Good to know

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

From what I remember the throttle reset goes away pretty quickly like within 50 miles. At least that's what it seemed like when I did the Shark injector. I don't know if this procedure lasts longer, but I would assume it doesn't. It felt good after the reset, but it didn't seem like a long-term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    From what I remember the throttle reset goes away pretty quickly like within 50 miles. At least that's what it seemed like when I did the Shark injector. I don't know if this procedure lasts longer, but I would assume it doesn't. It felt good after the reset, but it didn't seem like a long-term solution.
    Mine has stayed the same and I did it over 1000 miles ago. It relearns based on your driving. I do smash the throttle like an on/off button for rev matching on every drive, so the computer probably keeps it at maximum aggression because of that.

There's a guide here for resetting the pedal box: https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/t...faster.927646/

You can grab a 3.38 from a part out or Craigsllist or whatever. I've seen several 3.38s on Craigslist over the years for about $100. I don't think you need to tear it down, I would just find one with similar mileage as yours and do a straight swap.

The Pizzabody can be found here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...123#post601123
    Most excellent, thank you!!! I'll most definitely try the reset. Will need to do some more thinking about next steps.

Interesting about the Mahle filter, may need to try one. PO put in an aFe that fits stock box. I cannot tell any difference between it and Mann filter. Not a fan of the aFe, based on the oil it needs and seepage on the MAF (perhaps I over loaded it).

2005 330ci ZHP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast