Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Price Suggestion

Hello,

I am seeking advice on fair price to list my car for sale, it's a 2004 330cic ZHP 6 speed with 63k miles on it, LOVE the car, the reason for selling is mainly because I don't use it enough and my family nagging me that I am taking up space in garage for a car that I don't use enough of. I drive about 3-4k/year, change oils and do maintenance whenever required.

As members on this forum are better informed about market price for this car, can somebody please suggest a FAIR price for this car?

Also, tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sport) are old and one of them is flat. I am not sure if I should spend $1k to replace them which next owner might not want or put some cheap tires for now so that next owner can pick his new tires.

Mileage : 63k
    Title : Clear Texas Title
    Ownership : Owned, 2nd owner
    Tires : 225/40R18 Front, 255/35R18 Rear

Thank you.

Name:  DSC_0300.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  493.9 KB
    Last edited by ZhpVert1; 12-05-2020 at 04:40 PM.

I saw a 2004 330ci slick top 6MT with 27,000 miles in mint condition sell for no more than $18,000 (almost bought it myself). Therefore, since your car is a convertible with 36,000 more miles, I would assume you’d get less, even as a ZHP. As a ZHP, I’m guessing you’d get $15,000, give or take, for a nice specimen. I’m no expert, but I’ve been tracking such cars for years.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Are you selling locally or trying to get the most out of your dollar? Prices for lower-milage ZHPs have been on the rise. Here are some recent auctions for ZHP convertibles:

@BMWCurves Thanks for the links. I would prefer to sell it to somebody who can close the deal quick and not be petty about small($100-200) stuff (or take a test ride to go get groceries for an hour - one guy did this to me with my wife's car). I am reading up on BAT FAQ to see if it's something I can do.

I assume BAT listed cars have no missing plastic clips or pieces and cars are in factory condition which makes the more valuable?

@Reasoned Thank you for the feedback.

This one is ending in a couple days. I suggest you keep an eye on it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...convertible-4/

SO, what's a fair price for your car? I'd say $15-16k ...You might get more on Bring A trailer, but then you would have to pay their fees. and deal with all the BAT BS. This assumes there are no surprises in a car fax, etc.

Convertibles are more plentiful and in less demand than coupes. Coupe prices aren't all that informative on the value of a convertible.

Quote Originally Posted by ZhpVert1 View Post
    @BMWCurves Thanks for the links. I would prefer to sell it to somebody who can close the deal quick and not be petty about small($100-200) stuff (or take a test ride to go get groceries for an hour - one guy did this to me with my wife's car). I am reading up on BAT FAQ to see if it's something I can do.

I assume BAT listed cars have no missing plastic clips or pieces and cars are in factory condition which makes the more valuable?

@Reasoned Thank you for the feedback.
    It's variable in terms of condition, but I respect your desire to sell private party rather than at auction (it's how I'd sell my car). Out and out, I'd think you can ask ≥$15k easily. Heading into winter my gut says you'll fetch less money, but you never know.

What color is the interior/exterior?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot05 View Post
    This one is ending in a couple days. I suggest you keep an eye on it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...convertible-4/

SO, what's a fair price for your car? I'd say $15-16k ...You might get more on Bring A trailer, but then you would have to pay their fees. and deal with all the BAT BS. This assumes there are no surprises in a car fax, etc.

Convertibles are more plentiful and in less demand than coupes. Coupe prices aren't all that informative on the value of a convertible.
    @BMWCurves post is specific to convertibles listings. Carfax has normal maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    It's variable in terms of condition, but I respect your desire to sell private party rather than at auction (it's how I'd sell my car). Out and out, I'd think you can ask ≥$15k easily. Heading into winter my gut says you'll fetch less money, but you never know.

What color is the interior/exterior?
    Exterior color is Orientblau Metallic - 317, Interior is Grey - N6TT

Replace the tires, potential buyers will be turned away by the fact the tires are old and one is flat. May show you don’t take care of the car.

New tires=selling point
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Replace the tires, potential buyers will be turned away by the fact the tires are old and one is flat. May show you don’t take care of the car.

New tires=selling point
    Second this, the flat tire just screams “project car” to buyers.
    Also depending on how adamant you are on selling it quickly, holding out till warmer months will definitely help with value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast