Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    get it, then manual swap. done lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rush661 View Post
    Thanks guys!! I think my mind is made up and I’m going to go for it!! I appreciate all your input. I’ll be back to show it off if everything goes well!
    Nice! Keep us posted.

That sprint booster looks interesting, reminds me of the Sport button on the m3.

I recall looking into the Sprint Booster but at that price point I'd rather get tune like Shark Injector. That way you're paying for some actual performance upgrade + throttle remap rather than just the latter
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I recall looking into the Sprint Booster but at that price point I'd rather get tune like Shark Injector. That way you're paying for some actual performance upgrade + throttle remap rather than just the latter
    I had Shark Injector in my last ZHP as well as the Gen2 Sprint Booster. I did not feel a noticeable performance gain with the Shark Injector. If anything you're better off getting a custom tune from a reputable tuner than spending the cash for the Shark Injector. As for getting the Sprint Booster? The Gen3 version is much improved over the Gen2 Sprint Booster. You have more selectable settings for Sport and Race mode and you have two additional modes which the Gen2 did not have. You have Parking mode which disables the gas pedal input entirely while the car is parked (great if you have to leave your car parked for some time like at the airport) and Valet mode where you can reduce throttle input by as much as 75% so valet parkers can't mess with your car while moving it to and from valet parking.

The Sprint Booster does not remap the throttle like an actual tune does. The Throttle input is electric so there is some delay between the gas pedal and ECU. Sprint Booster provides increased acceleration time by eliminating this delay on drive-by-wire cars (like our E46s) by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the Electronic Control Module, or ECU, with an altered signal for much quicker throttle response.

With the improvements the Gen3 Sprint Booster has, I would rather spend the cash on the Sprint Booster and have more adjustability in throttle input. That's just my thoughts on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Rush661 View Post
    Hey everyone, new to the forum

Need some help..

I’ve been wanting a BMW for a while now. I was originally set on an e90 335i/535i. The twin turbo n54 seemed like the best option to me. Then I found the ZHP and I fell in love. Been looking for one for a while now. I’m trying to keep it under 10k. I wanted a 6spd but it’s not a deal breaker after reading some people’s positive experiences with the auto.

I’m looking at an 05 white/brown auto transmission with 133k miles on it right now for 7k. Just looking to get some peoples honest input. I’m having a hard time deciding whether to jump in or wait for the 6spd sedan in my price range to pop up, which might never happen.

Thanks guys
    Hold out for a manual. This car with a manual is really fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I had Shark Injector in my last ZHP as well as the Gen2 Sprint Booster. I did not feel a noticeable performance gain with the Shark Injector. If anything you're better off getting a custom tune from a reputable tuner than spending the cash for the Shark Injector. As for getting the Sprint Booster? The Gen3 version is much improved over the Gen2 Sprint Booster. You have more selectable settings for Sport and Race mode and you have two additional modes which the Gen2 did not have. You have Parking mode which disables the gas pedal input entirely while the car is parked (great if you have to leave your car parked for some time like at the airport) and Valet mode where you can reduce throttle input by as much as 75% so valet parkers can't mess with your car while moving it to and from valet parking.

The Sprint Booster does not remap the throttle like an actual tune does. The Throttle input is electric so there is some delay between the gas pedal and ECU. Sprint Booster provides increased acceleration time by eliminating this delay on drive-by-wire cars (like our E46s) by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the Electronic Control Module, or ECU, with an altered signal for much quicker throttle response.

With the improvements the Gen3 Sprint Booster has, I would rather spend the cash on the Sprint Booster and have more adjustability in throttle input. That's just my thoughts on this...
    Is there any other difference other than the added features of valet mode and park mode?

It might be worth getting the Gen2 for less $$$, no? Any risk of damage to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Is there any other difference other than the added features of valet mode and park mode?

It might be worth getting the Gen2 for less $$$, no? Any risk of damage to the car?
    With the Gen3 SB you have 9 selectable settings in Sport mode and 9 selectable settings in Race mode so much more adjustability as compared to the Gen2 which you only have either sport (green light) or race mode (red light). As for any risk of damage to the car? No risk.

Other than the Audi I have, all my other cars have Sprint Booster installed. I just never got around to doing this with the Audi...

Given the choice, I would spend the extra cash and get the Gen3 SB because you have much more adjustability to suit your style of driving. As in the case of all Sprint Boosters, you don't get the actual performance gain in HP but you do have much improved gas pedal inputs over stock and the Gen3 provides two additional modes which, to me, makes this product much more useful.

To the OP, don't mean to thread jack regarding Sprint Booster...

Welcome! As for AT and the SB, I agree 100%. Spend the money as it greatly enhances the driving experience. You don't HAVE to, but the difference is huge. Frankly, as an owner of an AT (#latraffic ), I have driven manuals and that is a vastly better way to go with these cars, so if that is important go manual. But the AT is fine as #betterazhpthannot. GL!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Welcome! As for AT and the SB, I agree 100%. Spend the money as it greatly enhances the driving experience. You don't HAVE to, but the difference is huge. Frankly, as an owner of an AT (#latraffic ), I have driven manuals and that is a vastly better way to go with these cars, so if that is important go manual. But the AT is fine as #betterazhpthannot. GL!
    @OP.... you should listen to Rando. Since you're looking at an AW/NB auto, Rando's inputs are valid regarding use of sprint booster on auto transmissions...

OP - you came to the wrong place to be talked out of getting a ZHP!

Only advice that I can think of is to get what ya really want and don't settle, whether your heart desires the AT or MT or AW or IR or whatever.

I don't know the #s/stats but I feel like the combo you're looking at is pretty rare? I remember the days when members were hoping to get massive premiums for their AW cars. Maybe we're still in those days. I'm not around extremely often, so who knows?
    - Marc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast