Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talk me into/out of it. New Guy

Hey everyone, new to the forum

Need some help..

I’ve been wanting a BMW for a while now. I was originally set on an e90 335i/535i. The twin turbo n54 seemed like the best option to me. Then I found the ZHP and I fell in love. Been looking for one for a while now. I’m trying to keep it under 10k. I wanted a 6spd but it’s not a deal breaker after reading some people’s positive experiences with the auto.

I’m looking at an 05 white/brown auto transmission with 133k miles on it right now for 7k. Just looking to get some peoples honest input. I’m having a hard time deciding whether to jump in or wait for the 6spd sedan in my price range to pop up, which might never happen.

Thanks guys

I think the AT is perfectly fine. BTW, AW is among my favorite colors. In this case, 133k miles for $7k sounds very reasonable. If the car has some service records and there's no need for immediate repairs or parts, then I would seriously consider to pull the trigger. PPI (pre-purchase inspection) is recommended to avoid surprises later.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I have an AT that I bought with 106k miles for $7500 about 4 years ago. I really have no issues with the tranny and I've done 1 fluid flush since I've had the car. It's still plenty fun and makes for a pretty good daily driver outside of lacking the modern conveniences. Funny enough though, whenever people come check out my car, they almost always look inside to see if it's a manual.

I will say that I am planning on 6 speed swapping my zhp in the near future but mostly as a just cause, since I plan of keeping it forever. If you really want a zhp, I'd say a clean AT is better than a meh or suspect MT any day

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

For a sportier feel, you may consider Sprint Booster. I had chance to drive Rando's car and it really makes a difference.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    For a sportier feel, you may consider Sprint Booster. I had chance to drive Rando's car and it really makes a difference.
    I concur... I installed a Gen3 Sprint Booster in my Mystic Blue ZHP and have been very happy with this. Compared to the Gen2's I have installed in my Porsche and M3, the Gen3 is much more improved with a lot more selectivity.

The AW/NB combo is very classy and desired. Even with auto just add the Gen3 Sprint Booster and you will love this car. GL!

Thanks guys!! I think my mind is made up and I’m going to go for it!! I appreciate all your input. I’ll be back to show it off if everything goes well!

2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rush661 View Post
    Thanks guys!! I think my mind is made up and I’m going to go for it!! I appreciate all your input. I’ll be back to show it off if everything goes well!
    Good luck!!!

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the Sprint Booster, I've never heard of these before!

Definitely prefer the ZHP over the e90, even with the added power and torque, the ZHP is a masterpiece.
    Prepare for endless fixing crap that will go into overdrive once the car hits 150k miles.

What's the sprint booster? What does it do?

Did some research:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u7l...ture=emb_title

I'm intrigued.... $290... I'm less intrigued.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast