After spending a good half of today cleaning the cars (including the ZHP), I spent the second half of today watching people talk about washing their cars.

I also delved into the Obsessed Garage rabbit hole - a guy who has seemingly devoted his life to washing cars, including spending hours upon hours washing already clean cars. He's also [s]suckered[/s] countless people to part with hundreds, if not thousands, of their hard-earned dollars on pressure washing equipment.

I almost got suckered in. In fact I did follow his recommendation on pressure washers when my old one started leaking, and I got myself a Kärcher K1700 (it's decent). Except, I don't think any of this crap is necessary. Not even the pressure washer.

Does foam actually make any difference when cleaning a car? I've found no matter what I do with the pressure washer, I still have to go in with the sponge to get all the dust/dirt off. In fact I'm not even sure the pressure washer does anything for washing a car, except help distribute soap.

The only thing I've noticed that really made a difference getting a Chamois cloth and then applying wax with my little electric waxing thing. Maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone actually have an ultra-foaming machine? Does it make a difference when washing cars?