Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New owner been lurking for a while

Recently acquired a 12/04 build Titanium (354)/Lazer Cloth (G7AT) Steptronic ZHP convertible. 71k miles and playing catch up on the oh-so-typical "deferred" (read lazy) PO maintenance items. If I am reading the prod numbers chart correctly it seems this is 1 of 13 in this color combination.

Some may know me through my contributions to The Roundel and involvement with the LA and SD Chapters as well as my efforts at events like So Cal Vintage and Legends of the Autobahn.

Have owned multiple BMW's over the years, E30 M3's (2), E30 325's (including a 1990 325iC), E36 M3 convertible, E34 M5 and now, a E46 330ci ZHP convertible.

All the best, stay safe and healthy. Lots to learn for sure. So, anyone out there have a way to get into the glovebox? Lol,, yep, latch does move but not sufficiently enough so that I can open the one in my cabrio and discover whatever may be hidden in there...

All the best,
    Fred Larimer
    CCA LA & SD Chapters

Welcome Fred! I have your BMW & M-B Buyer's Guides.
    I've dealt with the broken latches on E28 & E30, but not the E46 - hopefully someone can provide assistance.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Welcome.

Share some bmw images if you don't mind

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by FLarimer View Post
    Recently acquired a 12/04 build Titanium (354)/Lazer Cloth (G7AT) Steptronic ZHP convertible. 71k miles and playing catch up on the oh-so-typical "deferred" (read lazy) PO maintenance items. If I am reading the prod numbers chart correctly it seems this is 1 of 13 in this color combination.
    Welcome! Verts rule! And agree with your numbers, there were only 23 built in this combo and 13 were AT
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Welcome Fred! I have your BMW & M-B Buyer's Guides.
    I've dealt with the broken latches on E28 & E30, but not the E46 - hopefully someone can provide assistance.
    John - greatly appreciate that you have both of my Buyer's Guides! Thanks for doing that

I too have dealt with the broken latches on my E30's - not so difficult. These E46 cab's are a different animal, from what I have found on this site and on youtube it seems the gloveboxes are incorporated into the central locking and have a reputation for malfunctioning. If I am able to get mine open I'll surely be figuring a way to take it out of the central locking system so as not to suffer this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Welcome.

Share some bmw images if you don't mind

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Perhaps easier just to point you to my webpage - www.fredlarimer.com and click on the "gallery" heading. I'll bet somewhere in the FAQ's here are instructions on how to post images...I'll have a look through there.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Welcome! Verts rule! And agree with your numbers, there were only 23 built in this combo and 13 were AT
    Pete - thanks for confirming. As a former long-term E30 M3 owner (+20 years) it surprised me to learn there were actually fewer of these ZHP convertibles imported than there were of the E30 M3's. The internet is chock full of interesting and intriguing info isn't it.

But that seems like a great series of BMWs to own! Envious of the E30 M3s, I've always wanted to drive one.

Welcome, sir. You will love this forum. It's easy to post pics from your computer (assuming your images are stored in there). Look for the "insert image" icon.

Name:  load-pic.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  32.4 KB
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

But that seems like a great series of BMWs to own! Envious of the E30 M3s, I've always wanted to drive one.
    The E30 M3's can be truly wonderful cars to drive either on surface streets or at HPDE's. I enjoyed both that I owned as they were intended - driven, enjoyed and maintained. I am happy to report both of my former E30 M3's are still out there being enjoyed.

Also in my past are an E12, E24, E28 and E39. I've been a fortunate enthusiast to have owned and driven some truly wonderful BMW's. This ZHP parks alongside a 2016 X3 that has turned out to be a real workhorse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast