Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Debating how to sell my zhp

Hi all, so I was planning on selling the zhp earlier this year but when covid hit I decided to put it on hold until 2021 when it would be safer to come in contact with potential buyers. This year has shown zhps to do fairly well on BaT. I started looking at some of the prior listings for sedans and immediately noticed that if I was to list it there, it would be the highest mileage zhp ever at 163k. So then I started thinking it would be better suited for the forums (here and e46fantics).
    I think Oxford green would do well on BaT but I don’t know if mileage would scare bidders away. I started breaking it down:

Positives:
    Oxford green
    6-speed
    No mechanical modifications
    Maintenance records from as far back as 2nd owner

Negatives:
    163k miles
    Beige interior
    Noticing 1 or 2 rust spots

Questionables:
    Wheels- currently running gold Apex with brand new firehawks. If need be I have no problem sourcing 135s
    Interior- was factory beige but I did a proper two tone with black carpet and black/beige door cards and trim. Don’t know how how it would be received

Paint- paint is good on whole car except front clip. Might end up getting a respray. Again, not sure how it would be received.

Other mods:
    Sprint booster sport button
    M3 mirrors- I’ve the originals saved for next owner
    Dynavin N7- thinking of parting this out.

Mechanically it really doesn’t need anything and it up to date on all maintenance. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you’ll have no problem selling it. Depending on where you live, maybe you can find some enthusiasts in your area.
    I bought mine in 2017 off the forum here from a guy in SF, and he was selling it for a couple months before he finally dropped the price to $5k. It needed A LOT of work, but I think I got a good deal considering the mileage (86k), color combo (silbergrau/black) and previous owners (last 3 including me are forum members).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I'd suggest you keep it --if that's an option.

sedans appear to be a lot less desirable than coupes. 'Verts and sedans seem to go back and forth as the cheapest ZHP.

the manual trans is a big plus for sure...and the demand from somebody who wants to build a ZHP wagon using your car as a donor will provide a floor ($3K?) on prices

If you want to get max $, I would fix the rust and the front end body work. I would also source a set of style 135's - I recently sold my 2 extra sets.

Interior might not be negative if it was done well and look good. Not even sure what a sprint booster sport button does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot05 View Post

sedans appear to be a lot less desirable than coupes. 'Verts and sedans seem to go back and forth as the cheapest ZHP.

the manual trans is a big plus for sure...and the demand from somebody who wants to build a ZHP wagon using your car as a donor will provide a floor ($3K?) on prices

If you want to get max $, I would fix the rust and the front end body work. I would also source a set of style 135's - I recently sold my 2 extra sets.

Interior might not be negative if it was done well and look good. Not even sure what a sprint booster sport button does.
    I'd disagree. The appeal of the ZHP for a lot of people is that it was the closest you could come to an M3 sedan in the E46 platform. The coupe and convertible ZHPs could be had in their M3 versions.

ZHP sedans might appear like they're worth less, but often the examples sold on BaT or other auction sites are higher mileage or have seen better days as compared to the coupes/verts.

As to Joey, I'd argue it would do quite well on forums. Oxford green with a manual and Sand leather interior should definitely peak a specific buyer's interest. Yes, it's higher mileage, but if maintenance is up to date, people know these things run for at least another 100k miles without serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I'd disagree. The appeal of the ZHP for a lot of people is that it was the closest you could come to an M3 sedan in the E46 platform.
    I mean technically there is the E46 Alpina B3 which has the S52.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I mean technically there is the E46 Alpina B3 which has the S52.
    Yeah, and as common as an '09 Camry

Well an '04 ZHP 6-speed sedan w/ 168k showed up on BAT yesterday with no reserve. Let's see how it does.

It does look to be in very good condition with no body damage, a lot of maintenance and some service records

black interior looks good.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I agree with the 135s. the Green and gold isn't for everyone but i think it looks spectacular. The paint will definitely get done- hood bumper and probably the driver side fender. The rust is on the spot just where the lower part of the trunk meets the body when closed. So you don't even see it when the trunk is closed, but it is there.
    The sprint booster basically increases throttle response. so with it hardwired into the sport button, it has a little bit of homemade "M" magic.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I'd disagree. The appeal of the ZHP for a lot of people is that it was the closest you could come to an M3 sedan in the E46 platform. The coupe and convertible ZHPs could be had in their M3 versions.

ZHP sedans might appear like they're worth less, but often the examples sold on BaT or other auction sites are higher mileage or have seen better days as compared to the coupes/verts.

As to Joey, I'd argue it would do quite well on forums. Oxford green with a manual and Sand leather interior should definitely peak a specific buyer's interest. Yes, it's higher mileage, but if maintenance is up to date, people know these things run for at least another 100k miles without serious issue.
    That was my thinking with sedans vs coupes/verts. The sedan is the closest thing to a 4 door M3, albeit still a ways to go tho. I think because people opted for the sedan vs one of the others based on practicality, the 4 doors tend to have higher milage. I think if you had one of each body style in the same colors, same transmission and similar milage, the sedan would command the most- how much more than the others would probably come down to mileage/ options/ colors.

Well an '04 ZHP 6-speed sedan w/ 168k showed up on BAT yesterday with no reserve. Let's see how it does.

It does look to be in very good condition with no body damage, a lot of maintenance and some service records

black interior looks good.

Just saw that this morning. Very good example for me to follow.

I'll tell you what the buyer of my ZHP told me as I sold it to him: beware the e46 boomerang. He predicted I'd be back to the e46 platform in no time and probably desire my old car back. He was right on both counts, and I was lucky enough to be able to buy it back.

But, it may not be as close to your heart as it is to others. So, if you're decided you SHOULD sell, then I don't think there's a bad place to put an OG ZHP - I'd think that's a desirable car, especially in sedan form. I also don't know anything about what's lost by using the BAT platform. I'm sure they get some of your sale $.

Also, realistically, yes, the 168k will be a detriment to most buyers. If it's someone like us, we know that the list of maintenance is more important than the # of miles. I'm at 174k and mechanically that number is meaningless.
    - Marc