Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi169 View Post
    Do it!! Get the LIP Charlie!

Your car is a unicorn in the making! Love the progress
    I sent a text to my cousin in Japan. We’ll see what happens

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

I swapped steering wheels this afternoon. Nice to have my Coby wheel back on

When the time comes to get another Coby wheel, I will send this one in to have rewrapped but this time in blue stitching to go with my current ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I sent a text to my cousin in Japan. We’ll see what happens

Please keep us updated!

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Please keep us updated!
    I don't know if I will go forward with this... depends on just how much it will cost...

on another note, I intend to swap out my front radiator support for one used on verts. The vert part is reinforced and will add more support for the car (especially if I end up doing a motor swap sometime in the distant future)

From the picture above you can see exactly where all the reinforcements are on this front radiator support. The ones that come with coupes and sedans are hollow aluminum supports that bend easily. I want my front to be solid...

I did this mod on my M3 and it was perfect. This part will also fit sedans...

My Mystic Adventure...

Delete found it
    Last edited by 330itoy; 03-11-2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 330itoy View Post
    Hi do you have a part number by chance? This is great info and an impressive build. Love it
    The part number for the cowl panel (top part) is 51-71-7-114-123

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/51717114123/

This is the part you want. You can transfer the rest of the OE parts to this part then bolt it back on the car and put it back together.

Thanks for the compliments on my build

This is why I am installing this part on my ZHP, why I already installed this part on my M3. This is a much stronger/solid part as compared to the hollow thin aluminum ones found on coupes and sedans. The thinner aluminum ones are easily bent and it does not take too much to bend them, I know...
    Last edited by cakM3; 03-11-2021 at 06:15 AM.

I saved the part numbers from the German forum some time ago: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/ and https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/51717114123/

Keep in mind that this more than triples the weight. (4.6 lbs vs 14.5 lbs)
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I don't have the part number, sorry. I just have a parts source from a friend who parts out wrecked M3's and when he has a vert that he parts out I will be getting this part from him. I will try getting the right part number for this part and post it.

Thanks for the compliments on my build
    Thank you I found it finally. not sure I can do this without messing something up . My skills are bolt on, but not the bumper yet. Kudos to an excellent and informative post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by 330itoy View Post
    Thank you I found it finally. not sure I can do this without messing something up . My skills are bolt on, but not the bumper yet. Kudos to an excellent and informative post!
    I try to provide information on what I’m doing in my project threads. Hopefully to inspire people and give them ideas on what they can do to their cars. That is the whole point in my making these project threads although I have been accused of ruining a car by putting “cheap Korean parts” on it…

With that said, everyone are entitled to their own opinion. They are free to do what they want in how they set up their rides. Hopefully they won’t butcher/hack their rides like how the previous owner hacked up my ZHP. I have been correcting the many issues I have found in my ZHP since purchasing it and have been making positive progress. I will continue working on this ZHP and bring her back to where she should be

Last edited by cakM3; 03-11-2021 at 08:10 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I saved the part numbers from the German forum some time ago: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/ and https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/51717114123/

Keep in mind that this more than triples the weight. (4.6 lbs vs 14.5 lbs)
    I’m making a street/highway cruising car where times between stop lights don’t matter I’m looking at making my car’s chassis stiff and solid.

Besides… if I were to seriously track my ZHP, I would need to rebuild my motor and supercharge it to haul my fat ass which in itself is an added 280lbs

But that’s nice to know info, thanks for posting

Last edited by cakM3; 03-13-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast