Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 40 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Same calipers. I believe they need a small spacer to clear the spokes. I used 12mm spacers just to get the wheels out, which is more than what's needed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Is this for the arc8 wheels?
    Also how did you manage to fit 12mm spacers at the back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Carbon Fiber Fairies paid a visit to Charrie's garage today......

The shipping truck my bootlid arrived in

Status Gruppe Tuning guys did a great job packaging my bootlid! For the first time (this being my third bootlid shipped) I have a bootlid in perfect condition. I couldn't be happier...

Packaging of the bootlid is superb...

The inside part of my new bootlid...

The outside carbon fiber part of my bootlid...

Tips as you can see below are perfect

The back panel of my bootlid - notice how it pretty much matches the OEM CSL bootlid in that there's no trunk handle.

The one thing that separates this bootlid from the OEM CSL bootlid is that the entire back is smooth... there are no horizontal lines like the CSL bootlid has. That's because on sedan the horizontal line won't match up with the top of the tail light like they do for coupes... you can see what I'm talking about by looking at the OEM CSL bootlid installed on my M3 below...

SGT deleted that horizontal line when they made the mold for the sedan bootlid... to me it looks much cleaner and has a subtle difference between looks from sedan to coupe.

The bootlid will be left rebadged until I have it painted.... then a new set of glossy black 330i badge will be placed

Brett (Brettbimmer) will be coming up here tomorrow and will lend a hand swapping out trunk lids for this bootlid... I will then have pictures once the new bootlid has been installed and adjusted

More to come but it's now here in my hands!!!
    That looks nice!

Do you plan on having it painted such that the carbon weave is visible?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    That looks nice!

Do you plan on having it painted such that the carbon weave is visible?

thanks San. I'm painting my bootlid and just leaving the top center lip exposed with fading on the sides. back paneling and top completely painted in Mystic Blue paint.

The inside part of my bootlid will be painted in Mystic Blue. Anyway, that's the current plan.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    thanks San. I'm painting my bootlid and just leaving the top center lip exposed with fading on the sides. back paneling and top completely painted in Mystic Blue paint.

The inside part of my bootlid will be painted in Mystic Blue. Anyway, that's the current plan.

That trunk is a beauty!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Is this for the arc8 wheels?
    Also how did you manage to fit 12mm spacers at the back?

No, ARC-8 offsets are fine on their own. This is for OE Style 68 wheels which have the high factory offsets.

12mm spacers are accomplished by rolling the fenders.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

My Mystic Adventure...

It happened tonight That's Brett in the foreground getting a picture of my M3

This is my 4th time swapping out bootlids. Twice on my M3, first the Scorza CSL carbon fiber bootlid and then the OEM CSL bootlid. I helped install an OEM CSL bootlid on my friend's Comp. Pkg M3 and now on blauzed so I didn't need any DIYs to do this. I did this pretty much from memory...

my OE bootlid removed

discovered I was missing this hole on my new SGT carbon fiber bootlid

I figured out where I needed to put the hole on my new carbon fiber bootlid so I used my dremel to make this happen

installed, fitment was spot on

The carbon fiber weave looks awesome
    The lines of the SGT CSL bootlid matches perfectly to the lines of my ZHP as shown in the picture below

Lots more work still need to be done on my ZHP but I'm finished for the time being... Brett was a huge help and all I have left are little adjustments and items to install before it's a wrap. Then I can take a few high res pictures of my work

The fitment of this SGT CSL bootlid was excellent for an aftermarket CSL carbon fiber bootlid. YES!! I can easily recommend this product to anyone who would be interested in buying a carbon fiber CSL bootlid for their sedan! Just be aware of the long wait time as this product is made in another country and shipping times can and most likely will be delayed as in my case. I waited about 5 months from time I placed my order and paid for my product to the time I took delivery of it. Fortunately I know the owner of SGT and have always had a good experience buying from him so the delay in shipping did not bother me. I knew he would take care of things and he did

Last edited by cakM3; 12-07-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Looks Awesome!!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Nice werk!
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Looks Awesome!!
    Thanks guys!

Page 40 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast