Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 105 of 119 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1182

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    For sure. You have a lot of upcoming projects.
    Been working hard getting my ZHP ready for my upcoming summer road trip to Florida in July so yeah been doing a lot of work getting her ready

It has been more work than what I initially had planned for but I'm getting this car set up just the way I want her to be set up so once done, all the neglect given to this poor car will have been erased and my ZHP will be a high
    mileage sorted out, well optioned ride

I just need to be careful while driving on unfamiliar roads and watch out for people who are behind me so I don't get rammed.

I had a very good friend who recently lost a brand new fully optioned Dodge Ram because of some stupid driver ramming his vehicle into his truck. The idiot did not even slow down which makes me wonder why he was driving in the first place . . .

Seeing the damage inflicted to my friend's truck was a reminder for me not to become too complacent while on my road trip and to be very careful.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

I just need to be careful while driving on unfamiliar roads and watch out for people who are behind me so I don't get rammed.

This! I have been living in Charlotte area for 1.5 years. The amout of crazy, stupid and negligence thigs I see on the daily basis is bunkers! The dangerous and big crashes that I saw is countless. I am amazed because I haven't see anything like this in New England. Also, my safety bar for roads and drivers is pretty low because I grew up in Russia. Which is arguably the capital if dangerous drivers and amout of death per capita.
    Unfortunately, most of the South East region is not a safe place to drive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

California isn't all that much better, if at all. Never been to the eastern states but here no one signals when changing lanes, everyone camps out in the left lane. Also, get this - there are barely any 'normal' left turns at intersections, they're all protected and you have to sit there stupidly waiting for the green arrow, even when the intersection is completely empty. It gets worse - people just don't know how to deal with the rare yield-to-turn-left intersection when it is there. I've seen a car turn left into the path of someone else going straight through, they obviously had to brake to avoid a collision. To be honest, I caught myself almost doing the same thing - my brain was so conditioned to every left turn being protected, and I almost started the turn in front of someone but quickly caught myself and braked before I got in their path.

Ah well. I'm just glad that with the mileage my car has I won't get screwed over by insurance. I'm on Hagerty with an agreed-value policy, at about the amount I have into the car. I'd obviously rather not have any accident but at least if it does happen, I'm fully covered
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    California isn't all that much better, if at all. Never been to the eastern states but here no one signals when changing lanes, everyone camps out in the left lane. Also, get this - there are barely any 'normal' left turns at intersections, they're all protected and you have to sit there stupidly waiting for the green arrow, even when the intersection is completely empty. It gets worse - people just don't know how to deal with the rare yield-to-turn-left intersection when it is there. I've seen a car turn left into the path of someone else going straight through, they obviously had to brake to avoid a collision. To be honest, I caught myself almost doing the same thing - my brain was so conditioned to every left turn being protected, and I almost started the turn in front of someone but quickly caught myself and braked before I got in their path.

Ah well. I'm just glad that with the mileage my car has I won't get screwed over by insurance. I'm on Hagerty with an agreed-value policy, at about the amount I have into the car. I'd obviously rather not have any accident but at least if it does happen, I'm fully covered
    Yes, CA is pretty crazy like speed limit doesn't exist. People in Charlotte area driving 30+ speed limit, including pickup trucks towing bunch of crap. Then, they also changing lines like no tomorrow.
    I just cannot get wrap my head around it. Why the driving is so aggressive, where people are nice most of the times.
    I am not worried about the value of my car. I am worried about myself.

I just spent 7 days in Spain one month ago. I never felt myself in danger of being smashed by giant pick truck or box truck.
    The driving culture is just so much nicer.

It is strange. I am in WA state for the next week. I am going to pay a close attention of how is the driving here-))
    Maybe I shoud start a new thread - comparing the driving culture in different areas....ha ha.

My Mystic Adventure...

. . . I am in WA state for the next week. I am going to pay a close attention of how is the driving here-))
    Maybe I shoud start a new thread - comparing the driving culture in different areas....ha ha.
    Be careful if you're driving in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I have seen some crazy aggressive driving there as well as spectacular car wrecks. The I-5 traffic reminds me of NASCAR racing when driving there. . . there are some very aggressive drivers there. At least that was my experience when I used to live in Federal Way many years ago.

Be careful if you're driving in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I have seen some crazy aggressive driving there as well as spectacular car wrecks. The I-5 traffic reminds me of NASCAR racing when driving there. . . there are some very aggressive drivers there. At least that was my experience when I used to live in Federal Way many years ago.

Thanks Charlie. I think I will be passing by that area.

I got a new MAF sensor to replace so I will be rechecking my intake boots to make sure they are still seated before installing the new sensor. It is a good opportunity to remove my Gruppe M intake and do a good cleaning of the enclosure and air filter before lighty retreating the filter before reinstalling it. I can then resume installing wheel studs and roll my rear fenders over this weekend.

I got a new MAF sensor to replace so I will be rechecking my intake boots to make sure they are still seated before installing the new sensor. It is a good opportunity to remove my Gruppe M intake and do a good cleaning of the enclosure and air filter before lighty retreating the filter before reinstalling it. I can then resume installing wheel studs and roll my rear fenders over this weekend.
    Is your MAF giving you codes? I wonder what is the lifespan for them. My cars have good amour of miles and luckily, they are still good.

My Mystic Adventure...

Is your MAF giving you codes? I wonder what is the lifespan for them. My cars have good amount of miles and luckily, they are still good.
    My Gruppe M intake is lightly oiled so that probably has some part in having to replace my MAF sensor. I have been getting Mixture Preparation Bank 1 and 2 (2882/2883) faults

which could be caused by a bad intake boot (I just replaced mine with brand new OEM BMW ones, a bad DISA o-ring, or a failing MAF sensor. I also read a post from someone at E46 Fanatics where they replaced their fuel filter and that solved their mixture preparation issue.

A more expensive issue could be my O2 sensors might need replacement.

Digging deeper I found a great writeup and in that writeup it was recommended to replace the fuel filter around 60k miles of usage because it has an integrated fuel regulator, which over time, could also cause the mixture preparation faults so I plan to schedule a fuel filter replacement by the first. This is one component in my fuel system I haven't replaced since rescuing my ZHP and most likely requires replacement.

EDIT: I replaced the MAF sensor, took off my Gruppe M intake and cleaned/reconditioned the filter and housing assembly as well as applied sealant and ceramic-based wax to the carbon fiber enclosure. Intake boots have been checked and they are securely installed to the throttle body.

2nd EDIT: It's been two weeks since I have replaced my MAF sensor. The Mixture Preparation Bank 1 & 2 errors have not returned. The new MAF sensor replacement has corrected my error.

Last edited by cakM3; 07-03-2023 at 12:32 PM.

I finished installing my wheel studs and rolled my rear fenders today.

Final results are what I was going for and I don't have any rubbing on my fenders. Nice having this sorted.

I installed my cleaned intake and wiped off my engine bay. I need to focus on my power steering system next . . .

I need to get my M3 front strut bar reinstalled . . .

Last edited by cakM3; 07-03-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Page 105 of 119 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast