Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 560

Thread: My Mystic Adventure...

  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Thanks Charlie!

    When the time comes, I will likely a la carte the parts and pick as many parts from fcpeuro as possible.
    Keep in mind San that the mounting caliper brackets for the Wilwood calipers come as part of the entire kit for the UUC kit. UUC won't sell the caliper brackets separately as far as I know but you can send them an email and ask. I guess it never hurts to ask, right? Good luck!


    I will be installing my Wilwood BBKs on my ZHP this upcoming weekend rain or shine... it's going to happen. Then I will be installing my SGT CSL bootlid. It should change the look of my ZHP then I will need to get off my butt and mod the OEM M3 side mirror baseplates so that I can get them painted and set up to mount to complete the look I am going for on blazed

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wellesley, Ma
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Keep in mind San that the mounting caliper brackets for the Wilwood calipers come as part of the entire kit for the UUC kit. UUC won't sell the caliper brackets separately as far as I know but you can send them an email and ask. I guess it never hurts to ask, right? Good luck!


    I will be installing my Wilwood BBKs on my ZHP this upcoming weekend rain or shine... it's going to happen. Then I will be installing my SGT CSL bootlid. It should change the look of my ZHP then I will need to get off my butt and mod the OEM M3 side mirror baseplates so that I can get them painted and set up to mount to complete the look I am going for on blazed
    Charlie, besides the minor cutting... any gotchas to know about with this kit? Do 17s no longer fit? Will you need front or rear spacers? Issues getting replacement parts etc?

    Thanks!

  3. #383
    I got confirmation from the owner of Status Gruppe Tuning today that my CSL bootlid for sedan is getting delivered to me sometime this afternoon. The hard part is waiting for the delivery truck to arrive since my bootlid is boxed and secured on a shipping pallet. I'm hoping the bootlid will arrive intact and undamaged.

    This bootlid is different from the other sedan bootlids because it does not have a trunk handle just like the OEM CSL bootlid doesn't. It will be similar but different being it is for sedan fitment.

    I am looking forward to having this bootlid mounted once everything has been checked out


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Charlie, besides the minor cutting... any gotchas to know about with this kit? Do 17s no longer fit? Will you need front or rear spacers? Issues getting replacement parts etc?

    Thanks!
    Steve, as far as I know with the Wilwood kit, there's minor grinding of one of the caliper mounting points on the car and then cutting of the rotor dust shield to allow the Wilwood calipers to mount and fit then that's it. As for the wheels? The stock 18 inch wheels (Style 135's) fit and that's all I am concerned with since that is what I am using for my winter setup and next summer plan to use my 19 inch BBS CH wheels for summer time usage... can't help with the 17 inch wheel question, sorry...

  5. #385
    I know BP uses 17” wheels and has wilwood calipers but I am not sure if they’re the same calipers as what Charlie’s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

  6. #386
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,933
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I know BP uses 17” wheels and has wilwood calipers but I am not sure if they’re the same calipers as what Charlie’s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same calipers. I believe they need a small spacer to clear the spokes. I used 12mm spacers just to get the wheels out, which is more than what's needed.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  7. #387
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wellesley, Ma
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Steve, as far as I know with the Wilwood kit, there's minor grinding of one of the caliper mounting points on the car and then cutting of the rotor dust shield to allow the Wilwood calipers to mount and fit then that's it. As for the wheels? The stock 18 inch wheels (Style 135's) fit and that's all I am concerned with since that is what I am using for my winter setup and next summer plan to use my 19 inch BBS CH wheels for summer time usage... can't help with the 17 inch wheel question, sorry...
    Thanks... Are these front and rear?

    Also--what pads do they use? Interested in the dust output...

  8. #388

    My Mystic Adventure...

    Carbon Fiber Fairies paid a visit to Charrie's garage today......

    The shipping truck my bootlid arrived in




    Status Gruppe Tuning guys did a great job packaging my bootlid! For the first time (this being my third bootlid shipped) I have a bootlid in perfect condition. I couldn't be happier...


    Packaging of the bootlid is superb...




    The inside part of my new bootlid...



    The outside carbon fiber part of my bootlid...

    Tips as you can see below are perfect


    The back panel of my bootlid - notice how it pretty much matches the OEM CSL bootlid in that there's no trunk handle.



    The one thing that separates this bootlid from the OEM CSL bootlid is that the entire back is smooth... there are no horizontal lines like the CSL bootlid has. That's because on sedan the horizontal line won't match up with the top of the tail light like they do for coupes... you can see what I'm talking about by looking at the OEM CSL bootlid installed on my M3 below...


    SGT deleted that horizontal line when they made the mold for the sedan bootlid... to me it looks much cleaner and has a subtle difference between looks from sedan to coupe.





    The bootlid will be left rebadged until I have it painted.... then a new set of glossy black 330i badge will be placed

    Brett (Brettbimmer) will be coming up here tomorrow and will lend a hand swapping out trunk lids for this bootlid... I will then have pictures once the new bootlid has been installed and adjusted

    More to come but it's now here in my hands!!!
    Last edited by cakM3; 07-27-2021 at 06:26 PM.

  9. #389
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,933
    Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Thanks... Are these front and rear?

    Also--what pads do they use? Interested in the dust output...
    The pads that come with the kit (Hawk DTC line) are pretty dusty. I've switched to Wilwood PolyMatrix Q pads for street use as they have great pedal feel and low dust.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  10. #390
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    6,703
    I see the difference between coupe and sedan bootlids. Looks very shiny, BTW.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    152,000 miles

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Adventure back into a ZHP
    By EDS in forum New Members (or older members who have not introduced themselves)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-13-2015, 11:58 AM
  2. Hornung's ZHP Adventure
    By Hornung418 in forum Projects
    Replies: 1250
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 12:23 PM
  3. Wish me luck on my adventure!
    By bshovers in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 08:46 PM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •