Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    what is this?

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    what is this?
    Intake scoop. It came in the mail today and I will be installing it on my ZHP tomorrow.

Last edited by cakM3; 02-24-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Where did you get it from ?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Where did you get it from ?
    I got it right here from this vendor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AF-DYNAMIC-...53.m2749.l2649

My Mystic Adventure...

I had this type of intake air scoop installed on my first ZHP but it was a red intake air scoop. I decided to leave this one black so I will be installing this as is tomorrow morning

You can see the air scoop sitting behind the kidney grills

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Does this noticeably benefit the car? Does it work with the Motorsport intake? Supposedly easy to attach with no mods to car. Please take pix as you go. Thanks!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Does this noticeably benefit the car?
    I can't answer this question however I can say it can't hurt. The Gruppe M intake that is installed on my M3 has a ram scoop to allow air to my airbox so I have to "assume" that adding this air scoop will provide a similar performance improvement.

Does it work with the Motorsport intake?
    I have never used the Motorsport intake so I don't know if it will work or not. I plan to replace my stock intake with another Gruppe M intake for 330 and know this will work using this intake. For me there's no better intake than the Gruppe M but that's my opinion...

Supposedly easy to attach with no mods to car. Please take pix as you go. Thanks!
    I will post pics as I install this item to my ZHP tomorrow

I'm already looking at evolution paths for blauzed as I am typing this... a few people who I text regularly already know what I have in store for blauzed... I will add, it is not about money or "how much" all of this will cost as much as it is about the journey I have taken with blauzed and reaching the vision I have for her...
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-25-2021 at 08:32 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

I installed my air scoop this morning in the damned New England wind…. I hate this wind….

Installing this is a very easy process. You unclip the three points of the snorkel and take it off.

Clean the area while you’re there and take off the two phillips screws where the intake air scoop will be attached to…

Then slide in the air scoop like this…

Line the two screw holes and screw in the two phillips screws…

When you're done it should look like this…

Then reattach the snorkel and put in the three clips and you’re done.

Then with the hood shut you will see the intake air scoop lurking behind the grills but won’t notice them unless you know what you’re looking at

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-25-2021 at 11:13 AM.

I have the aFe version of this scoop. I remember reading somewhere that it can reduce intake air temps by up to 4°C. I feel like it did make a noticeable difference on my car in the summer.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I have the aFe version of this scoop. I remember reading somewhere that it can reduce intake air temps by up to 4°C. I feel like it did make a noticeable difference on my car in the summer.
    Thanks for your input regarding this mod... like I said, I have had this in my last ZHP and wanted to get this again for my current one.

To get the full benefit of this mod I feel I have to add a good CAI, improved throttle body and a good exhaust and tune. I plan to install a CAI to this car next along with other components of the same brand although the choice of components I am planning to add to blauzed is more for the name than it is outright performance in my opinion... I know there are better options but I want that badge to put on my CSL bootlid

EDIT: I will be ordering my Bilstein PSS10's from FCP Euro tonight
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-25-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast