Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 43 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    The front kit has been installed and bedded in. Botond provided assistance with helping me install this kit and he bedded in my brakes. All I have to say is HOLY SHIT!!!! They bite stronger than an Alligator Snapping Turtle!! WOW!!! I'm very impressed by them and this is just the front kit!!

Pedal feel is very firm, much more than the OEM setup and more than the BMW Performance kit I had on my first ZHP.

I can't wait to get the rear kit installed now!

If you're even on the fence on getting this kit for your ZHP I can say this kit is money well spent! It is not a plug and play kit like the Stoptech or Brembo GT BBKs are but so much cheaper for what they provide.

This kit is more a customized kit put together by UUC who include their own caliper brackets to mount to the OE caliper mounts. You get a bunch of washers/spacers to use with this kit and at times can be frustrating to set up because the instructions I got with my kit regarding placement of washers and spacers did not work. I had to figure out how to set the caliper bracket and caliper with the spacer/washers before coming up with a workable setup that finally worked.

You end up spending a lot of time figuring out how to set up one side but then once you do you repeat the same setup on the other side and it goes very quickly.

The setup is solid and I feel good driving this car and look forward to completing the entire setup so I can start looking forward to installing proper ZHP coilovers

As always thanks Botond for lending me a hand and providing good company that only a true and good friend can provide.

@ Colin, I am glad I purchased this kit from you. I know it has been a long time coming and I can't wait for you to check out my ZHP the next time you're in my area. I will want you to experience this upgrade yourself

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

My Mystic Adventure...

Some great progress was made to my ZHP this weekend Feeling good about it tonight

Yes... I know my wheels are dirty

Last edited by cakM3; 08-01-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Glad to hear you like the kit.

But I am less confident about my plans to try and source the parts a la carte after reading about fiddling with spacers and washers. Guess we shall see when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Glad to hear you like the kit.

But I am less confident about my plans to try and source the parts a la carte after reading about fiddling with spacers and washers. Guess we shall see when the time comes.
    San, as much as I hate to say this I would go with sourcing the kit so you have everything including the caliper brackets which are custom made to work with our cars... when compared to other big brake kits (Brembo and Stoptech) you end up paying a lot more to have them on your car as compared to having these Wilwood brakes. It was frustrating trying to find the right setup to get the calipers to mount so that the rotors would spin with pads installed whereas if you spend a considerable more for the Brembos and Stoptech kits they would be plug and play. On the plus side is that if you ever have to replace your calipers, they cost less than $150 to source...
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-04-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Glad they perform as advertised!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Glad they perform as advertised!
    I'm glad too

Applied a few coats of wax to the bootlid.

The shine is amazing. You can see clouds reflect off the carbon fiber bootlid.

It's a beautiful sight

I received this SIRIUS Satellite Radio Module from Ryan in the mail this afternoon.

All about adding additional features into my ZHP to make this car OEM+

When the dew points drop sufficiently I will be looking to route the antenna and install this module into my ZHP Thanks Ryan!

Last edited by cakM3; 08-04-2021 at 09:23 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

I just completed installing my OEM BMW SIRIUS Radio module into my ZHP and temporarily running the antenna so it rests on my rear parcel shelf... I have an idea how I will run the antenna but that will be for another day. For now it is okay and it works

The install process was very easy and I had no problem running the CD changer cable to the radio module then running the slave cable up to where I have my BlueBus located.

I also did an operational test to make sure everything was functional and it was All I need to do now is activate my module by adding it to my account and my ZHP will be set

cycling thru modes shows SIRIUS so I'm pleased with the results I want for this car... much more to do still

Looks great Charlie. Assuming you dont have the rear window tinted, this is my preferred antenna location:

Name:  sirius6.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  50.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Looks great Charlie. Assuming you dont have the rear window tinted, this is my preferred antenna location:

Name:  sirius6.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  50.3 KB
    Thanks Steve! I'm going to mount mine in the same location once I get a new antenna. On my M3, that is exactly where my SIRIUS antenna is mounted

Page 43 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast