Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 25 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSET303 View Post
    I wanted those seats so bad
    I knew that if I didn't react quick enough to contact Shawn and buy these seats I would regret the opportunity so I'm glad I was the first one to contact him to seal the deal. For me the hard part was getting down there since this would be a 2000 mile trip to retrieve Shawn's Alcantara interior, but it was well worth it to me

I actually enjoyed driving down there even though it is a long trip just to pick up an interior but I was picking up Shawn's interior that he had in his M3 sedan. There were unique touches to this interior such as full lumbar support/side bolster adjustment sedan seats which, in my opinion, made them even more unique. I am really looking forward to installing them into my ZHP tomorrow while at Botond's place before continuing my drive home.

Going to Shawn's home to pick up his Alcantara interior also gave me the opportunity to meet Shawn in person and to look at his M3 sedan. Seeing Shawn's M3 in person and talking to him made this entire trip amazing. The attention to detail going into his car is what I would expect from any true enthusiast... the attention to details in the project. It is always nice to meet fellow enthusiasts like Shawn who really go the distance for their unique builds. What a privilege!
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-27-2021 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I knew that if I didn't react quick enough to contact Shawn and buy these seats I would regret the opportunity so I'm glad I was the first one to contact him to seal the deal. For me the hard part was getting down there since this would be a 2000 mile trip to retrieve Shawn's Alcantara interior, but it was well worth it to me

I actually enjoyed driving down there even though it is a long trip just to pick up an interior but I was picking up Shawn's interior that he had in his M3 sedan. There were unique touches to this interior such as full lumbar support sedan seats which, in my opinion, made them even more unique. I am really looking forward to installing them into my ZHP tomorrow while at Botond's place before driving home.

Going to Shawn's home to pick up his Alcantara interior also gave me the opportunity to meet Shawn and to look at his M3 sedan. Seeing Shawn's M3 in person and talking to him made this trip worth while to me. The attention to detail going into his car is amazing. It is always nice to meet fellow enthusiasts who really go the distance for their unique builds. What a privilege!
    I had just convinced a cousin of my wife to drive to Georgia from NC. By the time I got back on IG to make arrangements with Shawn, the deal was done. Still hadn’t worked out how I was going to get them back to Denver, but that was a minor detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had just convinced a cousin of my wife to drive to Georgia from NC. By the time I got back on IG to make arrangements with Shawn, the deal was done. Still hadn’t worked out how I was going to get them back to Denver, but that was a minor detail.

Yeah, I knew that Shawn’s seats would go quick and I had to have them as well.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Happy for you...but in a super jealous kinda way. LOL

Happy for you...but in a super jealous kinda way. LOL
    Thanks and no worries

If it was the other way around, I would be the same way

My Mystic Adventure...

I completed my road trip to Georgia and back to get Shawn’s Alcantara interior today and install them in my ZHP while at Botond's place.

Right now I’m beat as hell from all the driving but to me it was well worth the drive. Botond provided the transport for my Alcantara interior and we put about 2200 miles for this trip on his touring. Thanks for always being there to lend me a hand whenever I needed it Botond!

I enjoyed driving Botond’s refreshed touring… what I feel a touring should be with a ZHP motor. Man was it fun to drive, especially on the Merritt Parkway.

Seats have been refreshed… car is dirty underneath. I will be addressing everything including steam cleaning the carpeting sometime in May.

Botond did a great job supervising me as I installed my new front and rear seats

I wasted no time pulling out the stained/worn OE seats

Then started installing Shawn’s seats for my drive home from Botond’s home…

Here’s another angle showing my lumbar/side bolster adjustment front seats

In this picture below I was having a hard time getting leverage on the rear inside bolt when Botond snapped this picture but I got the inside bolts snug and torqued. Damn! I did not realize just how much hair I have... used to being bald all these years...

The old seats and the door cards were left with Botond to be used in a future project he has in mind. For his services I gave him these as he was a huge help getting my new seats back

When I have recovered from this trip I will give everything inside a good proper cleaning then I will grab my Nikon to get really good pictures but these pictures were taken from my iPhone and will have to do for now. I wanted to share my recent project with everyone. Again my sincere thanks to Shawn and Botond for making all of this possible. His seats will live on in my ZHP

EDIT: I followed this procedure in the coding section of this forum to update the values for my heated seats as I wanted them just a tad bit higher due to my back issues . . . the heat is warmer than stock but not too hot.

The six highlighted values are the temperature in Celsius, first 3 values are for the driver seat, and the second set of 3 values are for the passenger seat. driver seat low, medium, and high. Passenger seat low medium and high.

These values do not appear as Celsius numbers because they are hexadecimal format. In the picture the values are 26 (36C), 29 (41C), and 2D (46C).

I changed the values to 42, 46, and 50 degrees, converted them to hexadecimal, which gave me the following values 42C (Hex 2A), 46C (Hex 2E) and 50C (Hex 32). I then took those values and entered them in sequence (first three for the driver's side 2A/2E/32 and then for the passenger's side 2A/2E/32 so the entry should look like this: 2A2E322A2E32 where the values are highlighted in the second pic above.

Once I did that I clicked "Write EEPROM" and it wrote those values into the car. That is it and the temps are now changed.

For the actual DIY the link is below:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...r-heated-seats

Last edited by cakM3; 04-27-2023 at 03:16 AM.

Congrats ! The new seats look amazing. I remember the first time I saw a ZHP: it had alcantara interior. That got my attention BIG time. I didn't know what was a ZHP car until then. BTW, it was around 2008.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Congrats ! The new seats look amazing. I remember the first time I saw a ZHP: it had alcantara interior. That got my attention BIG time. I didn't know what was a ZHP car until then. BTW, it was around 2008.

Same experience for me, I saw a car in Charlie’s exact same spec that an old friend bought and it was a great set up
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I have to say the seats we picked up from Shawn are in fantastic shape. I can't wait to get a feel for them the next time I'm visiting Charlie.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Same experience for me, I saw a car in Charlie’s exact same spec that an old friend bought and it was a great set up
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I have to say the seats we picked up from Shawn are in fantastic shape. I can't wait to get a feel for them the next time I'm visiting Charlie.
    For some reason This is the spec I really love in the E46 sedan.... Mystic Blue/Alcantara interior but you don't get lumbar support, let alone adding upper side bolster adjustment, with Alcantara seats. When Shawn offered his unique interior for sale I knew I had to have them. Luckily I happened to be looking at my IG account when I saw them posted for sale... as many of you know, timing is everything. I'm just glad to have these unique front seats installed in my ZHP. Having lumbar support is everything for me with my back issues and with the added upper side bolster adjustment only makes having these seats all the more unique in my ZHP build

There will be much more in store in the upcoming months for blauzed as this car season progresses....(SGT CSL bootlid for sedan, AutoSolutions SSK, carbon fiber seat backs, and Wilwood BBK)...
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-27-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Page 25 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast