Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 90 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

My Mystic Adventure...

My maintenance/repairs are complete. Next is my seasonal steering wheel swap to
    my leather steering wheel. I should replace my wipers with new ones for the upcoming winter season.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Nice. Plenty of worry free motoring miles ahead

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Nice. Plenty of worry free motoring miles ahead
    Thanks again for helping me source that last hose Vas! Thanks to you I can look forward to many miles of trouble-free motoring
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-06-2022 at 06:17 AM.

When's the garbino lip coming?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    When's the garbino lip coming?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I haven't gotten a response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New coolant has been added to my ZHP and the car run to normal operating temps with radiator cap off so I can use the bleed screw and bleed the system and add more coolant as needed to refill the system. Once I had refilled the system I then adjusted cabin temps to 71 degrees and monitored my cooling temps.

You can see below where Coolant temps have settled at 94C.

It's nice having my cooling system fully restored using quality parts I am officially finished with my current maintenance period and have planned my next phase of maintenance and it will be equally thorough as well

Last edited by cakM3; 11-25-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Congrats, Charrie. Your cooling system is ready for many more miles.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Congrats, Charrie. Your cooling system is ready for many more miles.
    Thanks fredo, it was a lot of work and it was rewarding to see everything thru to completion

It is amazing just what you discover as you begin tearing down your car to do something as extensive as this and realize there are a few more things that should be done while you have access such as thoroughly cleaning the intake manifold and intake ports of the motor. Then there are sensors and the list begins to grow . . . I learned a lot more about my ZHP doing this maintenance and look back knowing the work I had done was done right using quality parts and for me the best part was when I had a problem identifying a part I needed, I got the help I needed right here from forum members. There are a lot of good people here with lots of knowledge to share and that is a very good thing.

My Mystic Adventure...

Road test has been completed this morning.

My ZHP has more pull/low end torque than it did before it's expansion tank ruptured necessitating the repairs and extensive cooling system maintenance that followed.

It's nice having a bullet proofed cooling system again with the car's complete intake path being thoroughly cleaned out, sensors replaced and new OFHG/VANOS Oil Feed Line installed along with a few notable upgrades. Nice having my ZHP back

I can now say this maintenance is successfully completed @ 241,676 miles

Last edited by cakM3; 11-26-2022 at 09:03 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

Update: The next day after my road test I started my car and began smelling fuel vapor thru my center vents so I stopped to investigate the source of the fumes only to discover that my OE fuel hose had disconnected from my fuel rail line. I tried reconnecting the fuel hose and it would not reconnect.

Apparently the plastic retainer "clip" on the fuel hose broke and the hose required to be replaced to restore my fuel system. The engine was also washed down to get rid of the fuel residue and my fuel injectors were all checked to make sure they were installed and secured correctly as part of this maintenance which was nice.

This was an unexpected maintenance item but made sense since the fuel hose was OE and over 18 years old. I now have a fresh fuel hose in place. Also I discovered a nail in each rear tire so I had the tires patched/repaired and then remounted. When I picked up my car from this additional maintenance I added my G.A.S. 1.2 bar expansion tank cap to finish complimenting the other G.A.S. products I have in my engine bay

- G.A.S. CCV Replacement kit
    - G.A.S. DISA upgrade kit

I then noticed that my parking brake handle assembly was broken and required replacement . . . always something :/

Last edited by cakM3; 12-09-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Page 90 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast