Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 50 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I haven’t found a single person that can program it/knows how other than Terra who allegedly did it YEARS ago but that guy is a ghost now/doesn’t respond to messages.
    Mirza was going to medical school last time I knew so he would be very busy college work to respond reliably let alone ask to program an instrument cluster...unless he's finished with college I doubt he would have time to do this right now...

I haven’t found a single person that can program it/knows how other than Terra who allegedly did it YEARS ago but that guy is a ghost now/doesn’t respond to messages.
    He went to medical school a few years ahead of me, so he ought to be in residency now. Depending on what specialty he went into, he likely has very little free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Like Charlie said, it's definitely possible:

But yes, what exactly needs to be coded is a mystery.

Schmiedmann used to have an aftermarket one, but it is NLA.

https://youtu.be/q3dtQ2bpchU
    I've seen various videos, but the real trick would be to get it for a manual car. As far as I know (which is only a few quick google searches), the shift lights were only ever easily code-able from the factory for the SMG transmissions, not the manuals, so there's additional coding to be there. What I really like is that the shift lights turn on not based solely on engine RPMs, but also the rate of acceleration which I would imagine (using my pea brain) would be tougher to code.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    He went to medical school a few years ahead of me, so he ought to be in residency now. Depending on what specialty he went into, he likely has very little free time.
    That is what I am suspecting. He has a lot going on and I'm sure it will be awhile before he has time to do anything for anyone... let alone for himself...

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I've seen various videos, but the real trick would be to get it for a manual car. As far as I know (which is only a few quick google searches), the shift lights were only ever easily code-able from the factory for the SMG transmissions, not the manuals, so there's additional coding to be done there. What I really like is that the shift lights turn on not based solely on engine RPMs, but also the rate of acceleration which I would imagine (using my pea brain) would be tougher to code.
    I think Mirza has this figured out and working. Not sure anyone else has done this....

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I think Mirza has this figured out and working. Not sure anyone else has done this....
    I believe Walter pioneered the shift lights on non-M and it looks like you can actually still buy his kit here: https://tuning-technik-walter.de/pro...products_id=17

It only works with 6 cylinder engines though.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I believe Walter pioneered the shift lights on non-M and it looks like you can actually still buy his kit here: https://tuning-technik-walter.de/pro...products_id=17

It only works with 6 cylinder engines though.
    Yeah I saw that but I want to have the OEM M3 cluster functional instead... I know this can be done as I know a few who have this in their "non-M" cars

I'm also researching how to do this and also to get the shift lights functional for manual transmissions....

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Try contacting Martyn at Ecuworx, he does some amazing tuning/programming.

https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/
    I shot him a message on IG Gary, thanks
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I shot him a message on IG Gary, thanks
    Welcome…
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Got my new Satellite Radio antenna with Fakra connector today All I need is the new blank I ordered to put on my rear parcel shelf and I can swap out antennas for a cleaner look and install

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 08-25-2021 at 03:52 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

If it wasn't so damned humid outside today....I would have swapped out Satellite Radio antennas and mounted my new antenna onto my rear deck shelf....

I went ahead and drilled the panel to feed my new antenna wiring thru then I will thread it thru the bolt hole in my center child restraint point on my rear deck shelf... The antenna will be mounted to the panel.

Then once the cabling has been threaded thru I will reconnect the Fakra connector and attach it to the SIRIUS Radio module in the trunk to complete the connection

Even applied a SIRIUS/XM label to my antenna

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 08-26-2021 at 06:36 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

Today was a perfect day to work on my car so I finished mounting my new Satellite Radio antenna and routed it thru my rear deck shelf center child restraint bolt hole.

You can see the old radio antenna in the foreground as it is set aside...

I then made the connection to the radio module in the trunk. Nice to have the proper Fakra connection I will sort out the antenna wiring later...

Love it when the install looks stock

Install is finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 08-28-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Page 50 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast