Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 67 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Good feedback, I will see once I have the new speakers in my hand. They have not shipped out from BAVSOUND yet. Expected shipping is towards the end of this month. Any other feedback you can provide from your install?
    Pretty straight forward plug and play. The hardest part is probably peeling off all the weather proofing silicone and not ripping the weather foam.
    The speakers sound decent considering it's new and not close to 20 years old. I wish there was a solution to the subwoofer with this kit... a little lacking in that department

Oh interesting. Please let me know how the subs sound with this system. If it's good I'll also go this route

Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    Oh interesting. Please let me know how the subs sound with this system. If it's good I'll also go this route
    I might have to do some fabrication work to make these subs fit due to the larger magnet being used but all in a day's work... I'm looking to do a complete refresh of all my speakers and unfortunately BAVSOUND dropped the ball where our subs are concerned so this ends up being an experiment to find out which new speaker works best in our HK setup.
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:55 PM.

Def like my Bavsound setup with a Kicker sub.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

My Mystic Adventure...

I might have to do some fabrication work to make these subs fit due to the larger magnet being used but all in a day's work.
    The Rockford Fosgate 6x9’s required NO cutting to clear the holes. “Just Sayin”
    I only had to remove some of the plastic trim at each mounting hole so the speaker would sit flush.

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 01-06-2022 at 05:37 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

My Mystic Adventure...

Other than I have speakers on their way for my upcoming speaker refresh on my ZHP... I ordered my rear electric sunshade so this upcoming payday I will be sourcing a new center console switch unit which will have the electric sunshade button on it. So I will also be going forward with the rear electric sunshade retrofit for this daily cruiser

I have enough wire to route to the front of the car where I will be connecting them into pins 14 (yellow) and 15 (white) on the large brown plug that plugs into the switch module to complete the retrofit once I have the rear sun blind installed. It will be another nice OEM feature to add to my ZHP

Ordering this part on Friday
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Electric sunshade is a cool upgrade! I am thinking about sourcing it for my sedan, but I think wiring it is going to be PITA.

You like you music set up in M3, it sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Electric sunshade is a cool upgrade! I am thinking about sourcing it for my sedan, but I think wiring it is going to be PITA.
    You like you music set up in M3, it sounds great.
    Wiring won't be a PITA. I will detail this install when I do the retrofit and you will see just how easy it is to route the wire. You will need long wires (two) to route up along the passenger side and to the center console where they will be inserted into the switch unit plug assembly.
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Wiring won't be a PITA. I will detail this install when I do the retrofit and you will see just how easy it is to route the wire. You will need long wires (two) to route up along the passenger side and to the center console where they will be inserted into the switch unit plug assembly.
    Hmm....tempting. The shelf itself was something like $350-400 one year ago or so.
    Maybe I'll make this mod, once I will sort suspension in AW sedan and some items on the touring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Hmm....tempting. The shelf itself was something like $350-400 one year ago or so.
    Maybe I'll make this mod, once I will sort suspension in AW sedan and some items on the touring.
    Still is Sergy. I'm considering getting a new rear parcel shelf for this project

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...f/51468289513/

Edit: the hardest part for me will be cutting the rear parcel shelf to mount the rear electric sun shade. The wiring will be easy although most likely time consuming to route the wires properly thru since I will be taking off the glove compartment when routing the wiring up thru the passenger's side and across the back of the glove compartment to the center console so I can plug in the wires into the plug that attaches to the switch module. From what I have researched, this is not too difficult to retrofit.
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Page 67 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast