Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 31 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Steering wheel trim M-badge part number
    32-33-2-226-479

To fit in the E46 M-Spoke steering wheel trim you need to separate the M-badge from the plastic spokes (see pic above). The M-badge is affixed by some double sided 3-M tape. Just be careful not to scratch the backing of the M-badge when removing it from the plastic posts.

The steering wheel trim does not have holes in them although you can drill the holes so that you can mount this badge as is I suppose.

I put the new M-badge over the existing one so you can see they are the same size.

You can get this part from ECS Tuning (this is where I got mine) and it says this part does not fit. it is true, if you keep the posts on however if you remove the post like I did, this part fits when you remove the old M-badge and install the new one. At least for those of you who are looking to replace the worn scratched M-badge on your steering wheel trim, you now have a source if you need a new one.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Will look thanks
    They’re not cheap but will add to your car if you get them

Carbon fiber seat backs were installed on my ZHP this morning. The finish on them are stunning. I will put some sealer on them this evening once it starts to cool down. A very nice touch to my interior. Thanks Jacob!!

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

Carbon fiber seat backs were installed on my ZHP this morning. The finish on them are stunning. I will put some sealer on them this evening once it starts to cool down. A very nice touch to my interior. Thanks Jacob!!

Them sexy !!!! Was it a simple swap

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

very simple, only PITA is you have to CUT OFF the plastic securing pins on the underside of the OE seat backs. once you do that, simply push down on the seat back and it slides off. slide the new seat back on, push a new OE single use plastic pin in and its done.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Them sexy !!!! Was it a simple swap?
    Very simple. Take off the two bottom plastic plugs (won’t be able to reuse them) then push panel down to take them off. It’s that easy

Then you take the new panel, line it up to the guides they slide into and push up while applying pressure to the panel to keep them in place then push in the new plastic plugs to secure the panel. That’s it

One thing to stress though… before you push the plastic plug in, make sure it is lined up to the metal plate it is supposed to secure itself to or you end up wasting that plug. I ended up wasting two plugs working with the passenger side. Good thing I ordered two extra plugs

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Very simple. Take off the two bottom plastic plugs (won’t be able to reuse them) then push panel down to take them off. It’s that easy

Then you take the new panel, line it up to the guides they slide into and push up while applying pressure to the panel to keep them in place then push in the new plastic plugs to secure the panel. That’s it

One thing to stress though… before you push the plastic plug in, make sure it is lined up to the metal plate it is supposed to secure itself to or you end up wasting that plug. I ended up wasting two plugs working with the passenger side. Good thing I ordered two extra plugs

Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Looks like the plug is included in a kit # 52108240495. Are the plugs available separately?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/52108240495/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Looks like the plug is included in a kit # 52108240495. Are the plugs available separately?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/52108240495/
    you can order the plug separately and save yourself a lot of money in the process. Don't order that kit just to get the plugs when you can spend less than $15 to get all the plugs you need to do the swap.

I ordered mine from FCP Euro

https://www.fcpeuro.com/Parts/?keywords=52201964201

going this route you spend $ 0.73 ea for these plugs...

I got 6 of these and ended up wasting two because I got too impatient to get the passenger's side installed....

Excellent - thank you! Realoem shows them used for Trim panel A- / B- / C-Column, Rear window shelf / sun blind electr. & Trunk trim panel - no mention of use for the seat back.
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...201&series=E46
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 31 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast