Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 86 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Good stuff Charlie.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

My Mystic Adventure...

I found six of these while doing maintenance on my ZHP today. I have a very good friend helping me out which makes doing maintenance more fun

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

My Mystic Adventure...

All 6 fuel Injectors got throughly cleaned out today . . . the o-rings that are on them (pictured) will also be replaced for new ones when they are reinstalled.

Got my intake manifold removed so I can make a minor modification to it as part of my G.A.S. CCV Replacement kit install, remove the rest of the OE CCV setup and leave it aside while I replace all the cooling hoses (hard and soft) while doing my cooling system overhaul.

Having the intake manifold out will also make it much easier for me to access the Mk60 module so I can finish my TPMS retrofit adding another factory option to my ZHP.

Intake manifold is removed for cleaning and a little modification. I am removing the rest of the OE CCV setup, will be doing the following while I have my intake manifold removed.

- Oil Filter Housing Gasket replacement
    - TPMS retrofit
    - vacuum line replacement as needed
    - Engine Oil Temperature sensor replacement
    - cooling system hard line replacement
    - cooling system hoses replacement
    - radiator removal/replacement
    - expansion tank removal/replacement
    - water pump removal/replacement
    - thermostat removal/replacement
    - ECS Tuning aluminum water pump pulley
    - new belts
    - clean the Idle Control Valve
    - replace cable protector sleeves as needed
    - replace intake manifold gaskets
    - clean engine compartment using simple green

Lots of maintenance to do as a result of my expansion tank rupturing.

Last edited by cakM3; 01-07-2023 at 12:46 AM.

lots of checked boxes after this service, very nice!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    lots of checked boxes after this service, very nice!
    Yeah Jacob, thanks! I'm getting much needed maintenance done while restoring and rebuilding my ZHP

As part of my current maintenance plan and based on the discussion I had today with Botond I decided I will be purchasing this kit along with the rest of my cooling system refresh parts to do the cooling system refresh over the next weekend completing my maintenance and upgrade to my ZHP for the time being

Seeing I have over 240k miles on this car and I don't know if the OFHG has ever been changed I feel it is a great time to do this maintenance as well as change out the VANOS oil feed line, engine oil pressure switch and engine coolant temperature sensor. Doing this maintenance with the intake manifold out will be so much easier so I'm getting a bunch of other maintenance items knocked out while doing the cooling system overhaul.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...11421719855-kt

Sourcing everything from FCP Euro other than parts I have already sourced from ECS Tuning (lightweight aluminum water pump pulley).

My Mystic Adventure...

I have already compiled about $650 worth of parts to install on my ZHP for this maintenance period and have gone down that preverbal rabbit hole so to speak . . .

I have reviewed the scope of the work I am currently doing and this is what I'm looking at getting for the rest of the parts I will need to complete my current maintenance period on my ZHP:

- BMW Radiator Adjustment Screw - manual transmission radiator
    - Radiator Offset Mount from Powerflex
    - BMW Belt Drive w/ water pump and alternator pulley
    - BMW A/C Belt
    - BMW Set Belt Drive and pulleys
    - BMW Engine Oil Filter Housing Gasket kit
    - BMW Coolant Return hose
    - BMW Radiator (Genuine OEM Part)
    - BMW Heater Inlet Pipe
    - BMW Coolant Pipe
    - BMW Fuel Injector Installation kit
    - Intake Manifold Nut (x7)

and also getting these gaskets before reinstalling my throttle body and intake manifold

So all in, I will need an additional $880.38 + tax to purchase these parts so that I can complete my maintenance and get the ZHP ready for winter. At least my cooling system will be fresh and hopefully trouble free. I am also completing my TPMS retrofit now that my intake manifold has been removed. I have been meaning to get this done. I now have no excuses now that I have plenty of room to access the Mk60 module to make the connection. So this maintenance will run me close to $1500 in just parts to complete. I can only imagine how much I would have spent on labor charges to get all this work completed . . .
    Last edited by cakM3; 10-06-2022 at 08:47 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

The OE CCV system has been completely removed from my ZHP. I'm now committed to installing my new G.A.S. CCV replacement kit once all my cooling system components and sensors have been replaced. Tomorrow I will be completing my TPMS retrofit since I need to access my Mk60 module plug to make the necessary connection into Pin 40 of that plug. Once this is complete the TPMS button on my center console switch panel will become functional and I will then have another factory feature in this ZHP

The other end of the wire has already been run and connected to the back of the center console switch panel so this should not take long to finish

Completed my order from FCP Euro for my maintenance parts I need for my current maintenance period of my ZHP . . . when finished my ZHP's cooling system should be solid for another 80k miles or so. I will have piece of mind having quality parts in a critical system of this car. This is one area you don't want to cheap out.

My cooling system will now carry with it a lifetime warranty. This is how you do it right.

To complete my factory TPMS retrofit I need a connector wire from this plug because the Mk60 module uses a different shape pin in it's socket. Not something I have seen in any DIYs posted.

So I found just what I needed to complete this retrofit on eBay and sourced it tonight

I have already removed the rubber plug in Pin 40 of my Mk60 module plug . . .

Just waiting for this eBay part to arrive so I can remove the connector w/ wiring to splice and solder into my TPMS wiring and then make all the necessary connection to complete my TPMS retrofit.

This is what the pins on the Mk60 DSC Controller looks like

Just to source these two parts...
    Grommet: 61-13-8-366-245

So sourcing the proper parts is important for solid fitment
    Last edited by cakM3; 10-09-2022 at 03:53 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

Ordered these items for my maintenance . . .

New Injector O-rings and retaining clips

a few Intake Manifold nuts because I lost one while taking off my intake manifold

Sourced pretty much everything from FCP Euro for this maintenance . . .nice knowing most of the parts I sourced for this maintenance have a lifetime warranty on them

Last edited by cakM3; 10-16-2022 at 03:32 AM.

Page 86 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast