Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 53 of 119 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Mine is installed in my transmission, but my transmission is not yet in my car.
    I'm honestly surprised to see you doing the 6MT conversion as you had done the paddle shifter mod on your ZHP. Dare I say Hieu had some influence here??

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I will on Friday. I have a contact....
    Did you end up getting it? I saw the same one from the photo you posted above on an ebay listing, but shipping was like $150

Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    Did you end up getting it? I saw the same one from the photo you posted above on an ebay listing, but shipping was like $150
    I have my modded M3 gauge cluster. I'm getting ready to send it to Fixels in North Carolina to have the RPM LEDs (7k and 7.5k) changed out to red LEDs to adjust my red line for my ZHP and program the VIN and mileage so that when I plug it into my ZHP I won't have that tamper dot appear...

Once I get it all back and have tested everything... I plan to detail everything that was done for my M3 gauge cluster mod so it is not guess work.

There are a few who have done this and had their DME programmed thanks to Terra's help but he's incredibly busy these days so I searched and found another way to accomplish the same thing... if everything works as expected I will then put out what I have done.... not until then. Have to make sure how I did it works perfectly first

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-04-2022 at 12:14 PM.

I have my modded M3 gauge cluster. I'm getting ready to send it to Fixels in North Carolina to have the RPM LEDs (7k and 7.5k) changed out to red LEDs to adjust my red line for my ZHP and program the VIN and mileage so that when I plug it into my ZHP I won't have that tamper dot appear...

Once I get it all back and have tested everything... I plan to detail everything that was done for my M3 gauge cluster mod so it is not guess work.

There are a few who have done this and had their DME programmed thanks to Terra's help but he's incredibly busy these days so I searched snd found another way to accomplish the same thing... if everything works as expected I will then put out what I have done.... not until then. Have to make sure how I did it works perfectly first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sorry I was talking about the rear power shade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    Sorry I was talking about the rear power shade
    I was going to get the rear power shade this week but decided to wait. I just shelled out some coin today so that I could ship out my M3 gauge cluster and LCM to Fixels to have the gauge cluster programmed and modded. Shipping charges was a lot more than I expected to pay out by over $150 so as a result, I will have to delay getting the rear power shade until my wallet recovers...

I was going to get the rear power shade this week but decided to wait. I just shelled out some coin today so that I could ship out my M3 gauge cluster and LCM to Fixels to have the gauge cluster programmed and modded. Shipping charges was a lot more than I expected to pay out by over $150 so as a result, I will have to delay getting the rear power shade until my wallet recovers...
    Gotcha, and I want to do the rear power shade eventually as well just for the sake of having a complete row of functional buttons without a gap, but finding one for sport, DSC, heated, rear shade, is too hard to find

My Mystic Adventure...

My modded M3 cluster and LCM is getting delivered back to me sometime this afternoon so I plan to be installing them back into my ZHP once I take delivery of my package... this mod was something that was unexpected but when I saw that a local BMW enthusiast was selling this gauge cluster and it has already been modded to show all four doors when open, I had to purchase this.

The cost for this gauge cluster was $250 and I made the trip to come up and pick up the gauge cluster myself.

I reached out on the BMW E46 Performance Package (ZHP) Owner's Club facebook page and found out that Fixels provided the service to change out the RPM LEDs so that I could update my redline to 7k RPM instead of the M3's 8k RPM and also found out that they will program my ZHPs VIN and mileage so that I won't have the tamper dot when I plug in my gauge cluster so I paid for their service to have these additional modifications performed. So I boxed up both my M3 gauge cluster and LCM and sent it to North Carolina for this service... Cost for this service was $150 plus $195 in shipping from FedEx (their standard rate )

Raymond Liu chimed in on my M3 gauge cluster post on Facebook and provided another option since Mirza has been unable to be reached for his programming work. I understand Mirza has been incredibly busy with his school work and choice of career and wish him all the best. He has helped a lot in the BMW community but since I can't reach him I chose to follow up with Ray's method to make the M3 gauge cluster work in my ZHP...

Thanks to Ray I was able to reach out to Dimitri but was not expecting a response since Ray had told me it was several years since he has done his mod but I reached out anyway... hey, it did not hurt to try, right?? Well a few days later Dimitri responded and gave me a price in euros (95.64 EUR) so I paypal'd Dimitri the amount which converts to $112.30 but then I had to adjust for the paypal service fees and ended up paying the $4.99 service fees for a total of $123.60 for the pre-programmed module compatible for MS45.1 our ZHPs have.

The module Dimitri made along with the wiring harness was shipped out on the 8th from Vienna, Austria and made it here on Monday the 20th. Ray was kind enough to email me the installation instructions needed to install the module and I was able to figure out exactly what was needed and where to make the necessary connection so that the module will function as designed and provide the proper interface to the M3 gauge cluster when installed.

Having this interface module installed, I will have the proper oil temps to the gauge cluster, fully functional oil warm up lights and shift lights and proper DSC operations. The only thing I will have to do is get INPA and reset my steering angle sensor and I should be all set

This is how everything is at the moment. I will get the wiring cleaned up using new BMW cloth tape for a more OEM look over the weekend but for now I have everything done and want to get the cluster installed just to make sure nothing else needs to be worked on (verify all connections are good). Once everything is verified then I can begin to wrap everything and get it all sealed properly

For this project the overall cost ran me $718.60 but this was one mod I have wanted for my ZHP but never could figure out how to go about it until I had posted getting this gauge cluster on facebook. Much thanks to Paul at Fixels for modding and programming my M3 cluster, to Raymond Liu for providing me info for another option to have a fully functional M3 gauge cluster and sending me the install instructions/diagrams, to Mark Spencer for selling me his modded M3 gauge cluster and to Dimitri for his MS45.1 interface module for which all of this could not have happened to begin with. Without you guys this mod would have never been added to my ZHP project
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-04-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Nice! Can't wait to see it all together.

Thanks for being the guinea pig AND for finding a guy who could provide a solution to the warm up and shift lights. I emailed the guy to get one sent my way. Turned out great!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Now that is the Shiz Nitz!!!

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 53 of 119 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast