Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 62 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    The GruppeM is one of my favorite modifications to my car, even without the UUC TSE3 exhaust. Just gives it a throatier growl.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    The GruppeM is one of my favorite modifications to my car, even without the UUC TSE3 exhaust. Just gives it a throatier growl.
    Agree. I love the combo but if I had to pick one, it would probably be the gruppe m over the corsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

My Mystic Adventure...

I also have to agree here

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Agree. I love the combo but if I had to pick one, it would probably be the gruppe m over the corsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Gruppe M intake alone sounds amazing and I'm glad I was able to get this one... coupled with the UUC Corsa TSE3 (thanks to Botond), this is an amazing sounding and performance setup... I loved this setup on my first ZHP and now I find myself wanting to do this again before I won't be able to source this exhaust....

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-03-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Did you kill your IM???

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Did you kill your IM???

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk
    New England winters killed my imolazed. At that time I did not wash the undercarriage nearly as much as I have been doing with my current ZHP. It was rusted underneath nearly as bad as the Titanic so I sold it.

My Mystic Adventure...

Rather than have redundant posts... this is what I did for blauzed today...

I took apart both spare side mirrors for blauzed and took out the mirror motors in preparation for my OEM M3 side mirror retrofit... this way the mirror motors are removed safely and then cleaned and prepped for install into the OEM M3 mirror housings... I also have a set of 3D printed M3 mirror motor baseplates given to me by Sergy when I helped him install his OEM M3 side mirrors on his touring... so I now have everything in place and will carefully wrap up the mirror motors so they won't get damaged for when I am ready to begin this project sometime over the upcoming winter months...

With facelift sedans they come with the ribbon "wires" and are very easy to break if you're not careful... what a PITA design they are.... but they also come with an extra lead that is used for autofold motors if you have them installed... the coupes and verts do not have this in their mirror motor wiring... funny how the sedan owners do...

in the picture below you see me pointing to the connector that is used with the autofold motors when installed

As I removed the motor from it's original housing, I took the three screws that are used to secure the motor and put them into my 3D printed baseplate for safe keeping...

I then took out the passenger side mirror motor and you can also see the autofold lead coming from the motor

For the passenger side I used a white clip and on the driver's side I used a purple clip.... here's a closeup showing one the clips that will be soldered to the autofold motor leads

In the picture below you can see both clips connected to the autofold wiring to the mirror motor...

and the closeup to show the two clips...

All I need to source is the euro mirror control switch that has the autofold button and a set of M3 rep (M5) autofolding mirrors. For the euro mirror control switch, I have the part number and will source this switch very soon... I have the Rogue Engineering DIY to mod the mirror baseplate so that I can install it on my sedan, I also have a copy of the DIY from E46 Fanatics where it shows where to drill the extra holes on the door so that you can mount the OEM M3 side mirrors... oh and I will also source a set of euro M3 mirrors to mount.

All I need is to take my side mirrors to my friend's body shop and have the base plates modded then prepped, painted and sealed so it won't corrode over time like my last pair did... then have them built and mounted while I am at my friend's body shop... everything should function perfectly when I have it installed... as for the autofold leads, I will solder them while building my side mirrors at my friends shop... it will be much easier when building the mirrors...I'm one step closer to getting this done

As always there's parts that you don't need that can be thrown away....

Clips were broken and arms were very corroded and all I really wanted from them were the ribbon mirror motors anyway... mission accomplished.
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-08-2021 at 08:41 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

So I got this package from Lithuania this afternoon which will be going into my ZHP for install...

It is a bluetooth antenna used for OEM BMW hands free communication using the TCU module. Right now my TCU module is disconnected but if I ever decide to get an AVIN head unit I will be going back to using my TCU module and transfer my BlueBus module into my M3..... so that is why I am installing this OEM BMW bluetooth module into my ZHP...

Last edited by cakM3; 11-08-2021 at 08:43 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

looks like I will be ordering a new passenger front window regulator to replace the one on my car. I got this indication on my car today....

On another note this came in for blauzed in yesterday's mail but it was just too nasty to go outside to get it so I waited until this morning.

Edit: I installed my First Aid kit under the front Passenger Seat and these screws are the right part for this kit. No issues adjusting the front extender with the screws in place

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...20-07149169302

If you try using the part number on the FCP Euro or ECS Tuning web site you will get a NLA for this part yet on the getbmwparts web site they are available so I would order them while they are in inventory if you have a First Aid box to install or if you're considering getting this because the screws don't come with the BMW First Aid Kit anymore...just a heads up.

Screws for my OEM BMW First Aid Kit. I had to do some research on the type and size of these screws and with RealOEM found them (don't ask where I found them because it has been awhile since I did this). I ordered these awhile back and they finally came in so I will be mounting this in my ZHP over the weekend

U-channel insulation came in so I will be applying this to my Gruppe M intake to seal my carbon fiber.

Euro LCM faceplate with manual headlight adjustment. I have the part, I will now source a 10k OHM SEM resistor to solder on my LCM faceplate then I should be able to code this feature in by activating it. I will be reaching out to Shawn since he has successfully done this update.

Last edited by cakM3; 11-14-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Oh nice, I have a first aid kit that needs to be installed in my father's car, but I couldn't figure out what screws it needed.

EDIT: NLA apparently

Oh nice, I have a first aid kit that needs to be installed in my father's car, but I couldn't figure out what screws it needed.
    The new screws look exactly like the ones that are NLA which is why I posted pictures showing the part numbers for the screws.

Page 62 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast