Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 92 of 119 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    I would suggest redline d4 atf for the transmission instead of mtl. It is a lot nicer especially in colder climates

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I would suggest redline d4 atf for the transmission instead of mtl. It is a lot nicer especially in colder climates
    I appreciate the recommendation Vas Since I have already ordered the MTL I will go with this for now and if I have issues during this winter I will change it out for the Redline D4 ATF in Spring. Thanks!

heck of a list!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    heck of a list!
    New pulleys came in from FCP Euro today so I will add them to the list of things to do on the 19th

Took the "refreshed" ZHP to the Boston area to visit my friend Steve and help convert his OEM M3 side mirrors on his ZHP Vert back to manual folding side mirrors.

The car drove exceptionally well and feels so much stronger with all the maintenance I have recently done to it. Looking forward to doing the drive line maintenance, ssk upgrade and oil change. Car should be set for winter driving.

@ Vas, I will be sure to change out transmission fluid if I run into any issues using the MTL fluid. I just wish I had known about this before buying the MTL fluid Brettski recommended to me...

All good though . . . my car is really coming along with the maintenance I have put into this neglected and poorly maintained ZHP. Feels great bringing this car back to where it should have been all along... I have much more planned ahead for this road warrior

EDIT: I'm already making plans on how/when I will be acquiring everything over the winter months for my Spring 2023 Suspension refresh. It will be done in my traditional fashion for everyone to see . . . I have already begun acquiring parts towards this upcoming maintenance

Last edited by cakM3; 12-16-2022 at 11:19 AM.

My ZHP has been dropped off at the shop to have more maintenance performed

Today will be a new GUIBO/Centerline Bearing, transmission flush using Red Line MTL fluid, and a safety inspection as I realized my sticker expired.

There will be much more work I will be doing to get my ZHP back to well maintained status . . . part of the fun is the journey of getting there

The other maintenance that I had originally planned will be deferred into the Spring/Summer 2023 time frame.

- Flush Rear Differential fluid - (May 2023)
    - Brake fluid flush - (May 2023)

By setting up this work this way, I will set myself up to have more work I have planned for Blauzed.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 10-18-2023 at 02:43 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

As I suspected after seeing so many issues to sort on my ZHP, the GUIBO and Center Line Bearing were in terrible condition and are now replaced with fresh parts. I can consider this part of my ZHP fully sorted now

When I took this picture I was surprised that my ZHP did not exhibit any issues on my drive train. I just had this nagging feeling after doing my cooling system overhaul to get my drive line maintenance done right away.

At least I know my ZHP is set here . . . on to other components

always nice to see my car like this but expecting another surprise lurking around the corner

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-22-2022 at 08:26 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

On my way home I noticed my engine running a little rough and the SES light on my instrument cluster as I was near my home so I got my Diagnostic Tablet to run codes and found a P0303 code and Cylinder #3 misfire. Also noticed Ignition Cylinder 3 fault called out. I was able to clear the fault, restart the car and allow the engine to run until the SES light came back on and then shut off the engine and read the codes again to find P0303 Cylinder #3 misfire and Ignition Cylinder 3 called out so I will determine if the fault lies with a bad spark plug or ignition coil. I have had bad ignition coils in the past and have a full set of used, but good ignition coils I can use temporarily to get the car running again.

I'm tempted in replacing all the spark plugs now as I have been planning to do this anyway. Then after the New Year I will order a full set of Dinan ignition coils for my ZHP like these below

Name:  71A87495-99EF-45B0-BCC8-1E6DEB409088.jpeg
Views: 337
Size:  76.6 KB
    Name:  938142CD-D395-4EDA-B382-C33BD1AE7276.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  33.6 KB

EDIT: I cleared the fault by replacing the ignition coil with a known good used ignition coil from my last ZHP I had stored in my garage and a new NGK spark plug.

I will be replacing my VCG and VANOS seals in February and at that time will be installing a full set of NGK BKR6EQUP spark plugs and DINAN ignition coils above
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-22-2022 at 04:58 PM.

In the past two years I have been working on my ZHP (2021 and 2022) I have compiled the work that has been done to this car and pleased with the progress I have been making every year. Seems every year I have had this car I have done more than the previous year... I'm hoping this trend will continue as I would love to have this car set up into a reliable and well maintained example again... I still have more I need to get done though but the list is motivating me to do more.

Looking at this list . . . seems October-November of this year has been a very busy time of year for me

Congrats, Charrie ! Excellent job.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 92 of 119 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast