Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

ZHP 3 - A Corner Carver

So I thought I'd start an ownership log / build thread because I've done a few minor things and plan to add to its performance little by little. I figured documenting it might help others with the same goals.

I used to race locally, and as I get older with family and other priorities / financial responsibilities, I wanted something relatively inexpensive which I could still have fun in and maybe even take to an occasional track day with my former club. I stumbled upon the ZHP (previously wasn't aware anything like it existed) and found it to be an amazing blend of performance and style (and luxury?)

I bought it in December of 2016 with approximately 118,000 miles on the clock. I had been looking for a clean E46 since before I bought my E39. Previous owner (behind the car in the first photo) bought it new and took excellent care of it. The dealer and his indy shop (post warranty repairs) kept records for every repair and maintenance item, right down to the wiper blades. (Yes, the PO actually took it to the dealer for new wiper blades!) He was an older gent who was an enthusiast, and even double-clutched / heel & toe'd downshifts when we took it for a test drive. It unfortunately has been a daily driven New England car, so the roads and winters around here haven't been kind to the underside, but the suspension/ body/ paint is in pretty good shape for a 14 year-old vehicle.

I'll get to mods in future posts. Here are a few pics for starters...

Day I picked it up;

Name:  2004_330i-ZHP.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  326.5 KB

A few random location shots;

Name:  ZHP_1.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  569.3 KB
    Name:  ZHP_2.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  335.9 KB
    Name:  ZHP_3.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  378.7 KB

More info to follow...

Titanium Silver

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

PO looks sad in the first pic.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Like you said, the body looks great. I'd get that thing up on stands and give it a thorough deep-cleaning/restore. The under-carriage is covered, undercoated, and full of aluminum components, so she might clean up real well if you get on top of it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Titanium Silver
    Right on, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    PO looks sad in the first pic.
    LOL - I think he was sad to see it go. He said he and his sons loved driving it. He seemed to take comfort in knowing it was going to an enthusiast who, coincidentally, works in the same field.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Like you said, the body looks great. I'd get that thing up on stands and give it a thorough deep-cleaning/restore. The under-carriage is covered, undercoated, and full of aluminum components, so she might clean up real well if you get on top of it fast.
    There’s quite a bit of rust underneath actually... That was one of the first things I checked. I have to deal with it at some point...maybe this spring, if the snow ever melts.

Welcome

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome from Wakefield MA!
    Nice car!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nice ride.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Welcome from Wakefield MA!
    Nice car!
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I've actually been a member for over a year. Finally got around to posting something like a log/maintenance/upgrade thread.

Where in Wakefield? I lived in Melrose for a couple of years near the highlands commuter rail stop.
    Last edited by cornercarver; 03-23-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: edited membership time

Awesome! GL with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast