Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Keep in mind San that the mounting caliper brackets for the Wilwood calipers come as part of the entire kit for the UUC kit. UUC won't sell the caliper brackets separately as far as I know but you can send them an email and ask. I guess it never hurts to ask, right? Good luck!

I will be installing my Wilwood BBKs on my ZHP this upcoming weekend rain or shine... it's going to happen. Then I will be installing my SGT CSL bootlid. It should change the look of my ZHP then I will need to get off my butt and mod the OEM M3 side mirror baseplates so that I can get them painted and set up to mount to complete the look I am going for on blazed
    Charlie, besides the minor cutting... any gotchas to know about with this kit? Do 17s no longer fit? Will you need front or rear spacers? Issues getting replacement parts etc?

Thanks!

I got confirmation from the owner of Status Gruppe Tuning today that my CSL bootlid for sedan is getting delivered to me sometime this afternoon. The hard part is waiting for the delivery truck to arrive since my bootlid is boxed and secured on a shipping pallet. I'm hoping the bootlid will arrive intact and undamaged.

This bootlid is different from the other sedan bootlids because it does not have a trunk handle just like the OEM CSL bootlid doesn't. It will be similar but different being it is for sedan fitment.

I am looking forward to having this bootlid mounted once everything has been checked out

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Charlie, besides the minor cutting... any gotchas to know about with this kit? Do 17s no longer fit? Will you need front or rear spacers? Issues getting replacement parts etc?

Thanks!
    Steve, as far as I know with the Wilwood kit, there's minor grinding of one of the caliper mounting points on the car and then cutting of the rotor dust shield to allow the Wilwood calipers to mount and fit then that's it. As for the wheels? The stock 18 inch wheels (Style 135's) fit and that's all I am concerned with since that is what I am using for my winter setup and next summer plan to use my 19 inch BBS CH wheels for summer time usage... can't help with the 17 inch wheel question, sorry...

I know BP uses 17” wheels and has wilwood calipers but I am not sure if they’re the same calipers as what Charlie’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I know BP uses 17” wheels and has wilwood calipers but I am not sure if they’re the same calipers as what Charlie’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same calipers. I believe they need a small spacer to clear the spokes. I used 12mm spacers just to get the wheels out, which is more than what's needed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Steve, as far as I know with the Wilwood kit, there's minor grinding of one of the caliper mounting points on the car and then cutting of the rotor dust shield to allow the Wilwood calipers to mount and fit then that's it. As for the wheels? The stock 18 inch wheels (Style 135's) fit and that's all I am concerned with since that is what I am using for my winter setup and next summer plan to use my 19 inch BBS CH wheels for summer time usage... can't help with the 17 inch wheel question, sorry...
    Thanks... Are these front and rear?

Also--what pads do they use? Interested in the dust output...

My Mystic Adventure...

Carbon Fiber Fairies paid a visit to Charrie's garage today......

The shipping truck my bootlid arrived in

Status Gruppe Tuning guys did a great job packaging my bootlid! For the first time (this being my third bootlid shipped) I have a bootlid in perfect condition. I couldn't be happier...

Packaging of the bootlid is superb...

The inside part of my new bootlid...

The outside carbon fiber part of my bootlid...

Tips as you can see below are perfect

The back panel of my bootlid - notice how it pretty much matches the OEM CSL bootlid in that there's no trunk handle.

The one thing that separates this bootlid from the OEM CSL bootlid is that the entire back is smooth... there are no horizontal lines like the CSL bootlid has. That's because on sedan the horizontal line won't match up with the top of the tail light like they do for coupes... you can see what I'm talking about by looking at the OEM CSL bootlid installed on my M3 below...

SGT deleted that horizontal line when they made the mold for the sedan bootlid... to me it looks much cleaner and has a subtle difference between looks from sedan to coupe.

Brett (Brettbimmer) will be coming up here tomorrow and will lend a hand swapping out trunk lids for this bootlid... I will then have pictures once the new bootlid has been installed and adjusted

More to come but it's now here in my hands!!!
    Last edited by cakM3; 09-26-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Thanks... Are these front and rear?

Also--what pads do they use? Interested in the dust output...
    The pads that come with the kit (Hawk DTC line) are pretty dusty. I've switched to Wilwood PolyMatrix Q pads for street use as they have great pedal feel and low dust.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I see the difference between coupe and sedan bootlids. Looks very shiny, BTW.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I see the difference between coupe and sedan bootlids. Looks very shiny, BTW.
    Funny thing fredo is that I have not shined it. I used detail spray to clean the surface, that's all. Tomorrow I will apply some compound and sealer then a coat of ceramic based wax to keep the carbon surface protected.... is should look pretty good but eventually I will have this bootlid painted Mystic Blue... I'm doing this for Daniel because he has exposed carbon on his CSL bootlid

Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast