Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 94 of 119 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

Edit: I have spent nearly $800 getting ready to do the full VCG and Secondary Air Pump System maintenance for my ZHP.
    Do I dare ask... given this I'm curious what the total is for everything you've done to your car since you got it
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Do I dare ask... given this I'm curious what the total is for everything you've done to your car since you got it
    No you don't want to ask . . . but since you're asking . . .

I purchased my ZHP for $5,000 and have put in more than $10k into this car on top of the purchase price since purchasing it 3 years ago. I know I will be putting in more money into this car since it has been mistreated and neglected by its previous owners.

My goal for the work I want to do for this car:
    - potential engine rebuild
    - potential transmission rebuild
    - adding an LSD to my ZHP
    - UUC Corsa TSE3 catback exhaust
    - full suspension overhaul (Bilstein PSS-10 purchased)
    - full bushing replacement (including rear subframe)
    - rear subframe reinforcement
    - power steering overhaul
    - potential steering rack replacement/overhaul
    - refresh headliner/pillars/headliner covers
    - full repaint of this car (keeping Mystic Blue obviously)

Keep in mind with my recent full cooling system overhaul, intake manifold cleaning, vacuum line replacement, OFHG maintenance, fuel injector service, replacement of fuel line to fuel rail, GUIBO/center line bearing maintenance, and CCV Replacement kit install, I have spent $4k on this maintenance alone.

My goal is to restore my ZHP to the level my M3 is at with upgraded parts/components to suit me so with the list above I will be looking at spending much more money on this car but it deserves to be owned by an enthusiast who will continue taking good care of this car. These are amazing cars to own and drive and still look fantastic in my opinion. Bottom line, I love having my ZHP as my daily driver.

Look at my project threads below and you will see for me it is not about "how much" I'm spending to set up my cars as much as it is the journey I have taken with each of my cars. This is how I always approach working on my cars as I have always enjoyed working on them, even if I find myself getting irritated by how poorly they have been taken care of/maintained by it's previous owners. At least this way I am making each of my cars better than what the previous owners have left them. Seeing my ZHP is my daily driver, it has taken priority over all my other cars as I want to make this car very reliable and well maintained for daily driver use.
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-29-2023 at 07:12 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

I will now be sourcing a full carbon fiber rear diffuser for my ZHP

I'm not going to stop working on my ZHP until it is at the same level as my M3.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 03-13-2023 at 06:51 AM.

I'm surprised it's only 10k, I've easily spent more than that and my car is nowhere near as nice as yours. I also had a friend that put more than that into a Saab, only for it to mostly work. I'd say you are in pretty good shape actually.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I'm surprised it's only 10k, I've easily spent more than that and my car is nowhere near as nice as yours. I also had a friend that put more than that into a Saab, only for it to mostly work. I'd say you are in pretty good shape actually.
    Thanks! I appreciate your kind words on my build

To be perfectly honest, I put in $10k in my first year of ownership and am probably much closer to $20k at this point but I'm not keeping track of "how much" I'm spending on my ZHP.

I know I will be spending much more money into this build before I am satisfied with where my car is. For me it is part of the fun watching a neglected car like my ZHP transform into a nice properly maintained car

Sometimes it hurts the wallet, I won't lie

Last edited by cakM3; 10-18-2023 at 02:48 AM.

I stopped keeping track a long time ago as well... I think if everyone kept track they would be surprised how much they spend. Something as simple as new tires every couple of years adds up to many thousands very fast.

Expensive hobby but it's what we enjoy spending our time and money on. That's why we're all enthusiasts here.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

$10 here, $20 there turns into $100 here, $200 there...

I too am more than $10k into mine as well. I'm just glad that at the mileage mine has (I think it's similar to yours Charlie) I'm under Hagerty. I'd cry if someone totaled my car, I'd cry even harder getting paid out like $5k for a "high-mileage POS"
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    $10 here, $20 there turns into $100 here, $200 there...

I too am more than $10k into mine as well. I'm just glad that at the mileage mine has (I think it's similar to yours Charlie) I'm under Hagerty. I'd cry if someone totaled my car, I'd cry even harder getting paid out like $5k for a "high-mileage POS"
    Yeah, that is the risk we all take when we drive our cars. If that were to happen I would buy back my ZHP then find another Mystic blau to transfer my mods to and start over.

Today I decided to take a break from working on all my cars for the time being.

I'm waiting for ECS Tuning to fulfill my order and get all the parts I ordered and paid for to be sent out to me. Waiting for FCP Euro to do the same...

Last night I caught a "bug" from work and had a bad case of the shivers and this morning my ribs and back is sore from the coughing fits I had last night so I'll be taking it easy for a week or two while resting up. Sad part of getting older in life... as they say, shit happens . . .

Page 94 of 119 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast