Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 29 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    would totally be done. but after I get my car back LOL
    Let me know and we can get to planning it!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    Okay time to bring things back to my project thread as I have a few things I will be looking forward to doing with my ZHP

it is good to see you guys planning a car meet. Too bad I'm on the "wrong coast"....

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Okay time to bring things back to my project thread as I have a few things I will be looking forward to doing with my ZHP

it is good to see you guys planning a car meet. Too bad I'm on the "wrong coast"....
    We're just bumping your thread for ya

All jokes aside, you going to tell us what you have planned or you going to surprise us?

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    ....... those rear quarters still aren't on???

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    They are. But the rest of the car isn't back together lol

Will do.

Agreed

We're just bumping your thread for ya

All jokes aside, you going to tell us what you have planned or you going to surprise us?

Soon I will be upgrading the suspension and installing Bilstein PSS-10s with Ground Control Camber kit which have been sitting in my garage since the beginning of March...

Next should be the SGT CSL bootlid for sedan install as I recently got confirmation from Mike Miggs at Status Grupe Tuning that my order will be ready for shipment soon...

Then I will be looking to install an AutoSolutions SSK into the ZHP this summer as well as a Wilwood BBK. Lots going on with the ZHP this car season....

The delay in installing the coilovers is because this upcoming weekend I am refreshing the brake system on my Porsche with new rotors, brake pads and caliper hardware...then once I have that sorted I can put the ZHP into my Porsche garage and start focusing on mods....

Up for a meet. And Charlie, you're always welcome back out. OP, I know you have an awesome setup but I also have a lift (that I got from Hieu) so happy to host as well. John

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Soon I will be upgrading the suspension and installing Bilstein PSS-10s with Ground Control Camber kit which have been sitting in my garage since the beginning of March...

Next should be the SGT CSL bootlid for sedan install as I recently got confirmation from Mike Miggs at Status Grupe Tuning that my order will be ready for shipment soon...

Then I will be looking to install an AutoSolutions SSK into the ZHP this summer as well as a Wilwood BBK. Lots going on with the ZHP this car season....

The delay in installing the coilovers is because this upcoming weekend I am refreshing the brake system on my Porsche with new rotors, brake pads and caliper hardware...then once I have that sorted I can put the ZHP into my Porsche garage and start focusing on mods....
    Great call on the PSS10. Not sure if you care or not, but I have a buddy who is a suspension freak. And when I say freak, I mean he looks at suspension geometry, ride frequency and etc. He is actually looking into what spring rates I would need to achieve a "flat ride" frequency for the E46. (For those that are interested, please watch Fat Cat Motorsports video on flat ride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpax2pMDGdw). Over the counter kits work great, but dialing in the suspension with spring rates to match the valving is just amazing. Once I get some info from him, I'll be happy to share that with you. We might get lucky and Bilstein has the proper spring rate, might be where we just need to only change the front or rear.

Look forward to some changes to your ZHP though

How long have you owned the car now?

Great call on the PSS10. Not sure if you care or not, but I have a buddy who is a suspension freak. And when I say freak, I mean he looks at suspension geometry, ride frequency and etc. He is actually looking into what spring rates I would need to achieve a "flat ride" frequency for the E46. (For those that are interested, please watch Fat Cat Motorsports video on flat ride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpax2pMDGdw). Over the counter kits work great, but dialing in the suspension with spring rates to match the valving is just amazing. Once I get some info from him, I'll be happy to share that with you. We might get lucky and Bilstein has the proper spring rate, might be where we just need to only change the front or rear.

Sweeet share the info with the suspension once you get it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Up for a meet. And Charlie, you're always welcome back out. OP, I know you have an awesome setup but I also have a lift (that I got from Hieu) so happy to host as well. John
    Got to see what's going on with all these COVID restrictions before thinking about flying out anywhere these days.... it's not like the pre-COVID days where we could just fly out without having to worry about catching some serious virus... those days are gone unfortunately...

Please keep me informed. Always good to share good info with everyone!

Thanks! I rescued this ZHP from it's previous owner in July of last year so that makes it 10 months of ownership for me now. If you look at the first post you can see I have done a lot to this car in the short time I have had it.... with more to follow...

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Sweeet share the info with the suspension once you get it
    I have the new suspension sitting in my garage in it's box. I purchased my kit from FCP Euro
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...t-e46-gm5-8036

The Ground Control Camber kit came from Sockethead here on the forum so they will be incorporated into my coilover kit and then installed.

Right now with maintenance I have currently planned I am figuring I will start on my ZHP in two weeks. Once I begin the process of setting up my new coilovers to the Ground Control Camber kit and install them into the car, I will document the entire process from start to finish. I have always wanted Bilstein PSS-10 coilovers but admittedly, too cheap to pony up the coin to purchase them. Not this time

As much as I have been hearing from Botond over the years just how good these coilovers are for our ZHPs, it's about time I find out for myself I'm looking forward to removing these cheap $300 coilovers Tyler installed before I rescued this ZHP from him. I still have lots more I want to do for this car before I am totally satisfied.... but then that's a deep Rabbit Hole and I realize that I have already jumped into it and am free-falling.

There will be lots more in store for this gem

Page 29 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast