Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 22 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

My Mystic Adventure...

Weather is starting to get warm... it will be busy in my garage soon as I look to start the several projects I have lined up. Looking forward to getting these Bilstein PSS10's installed with my Ground Control camber kit... the ride should be improved a lot compared to the cheap quality coilovers I currently have installed by the previous owner…
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-07-2021 at 02:37 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

My front driver's window regulator went out recently and I ordered the replacement part this morning from FCP Euro. If they continue their service I should be expecting the new part being delivered to me by tomorrow then I can plan to replace the faulty regulator on Sunday....

I'm not surprised to see this and I will be looking to replace the remaining three window regulators over the upcoming summer as part of my preventive maintenance...
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-10-2021 at 06:06 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

The new front driver's side window regulator came in today but it turned out I did not need to use it so I will put the new part away until I have sourced the front passenger and rear door window regulators then swap in the new parts into all four doors... I will also be sourcing new vapor seals for all four doors as well as new butyl tape and do everything right when I tackle this project over the upcoming summer...

I found more issues regarding use of hardware to secure the door panels. The previous owners used any screw that would work rather then the right screws... SMH...

I will be correcting this issue as well...

The problem with my front driver's window regulator was that the rear rail was not secured properly and both the top and bottom nuts were loose. I took out the window regulator to inspect the part and found no issues with the part as everything was in order and functioning properly so I reinstalled the part and secured all associated bolts ensuring they all were tight. Then I reconnected everything and verified there were no issues associated with the front window regulator.

This was my first time working with the window regulator and I did not realize just how easy it is to remove/replace this assembly. I won't be taking my cars to the shop to do this job again.....
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-12-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Nice.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

My Mystic Adventure...

Today I installed my Aluminum eBrake handle in my ZHP. This handle was last used on my first BMW so it’s nice to see it in use once again

I will keep this in use until I find a very nice carbon fiber eBrake handle to replace this one...

I will be sourcing a brand new alcantara ebrake boot from FCP Euro soon Botond knows why

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-18-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Does it ever get boiling lava hot in the summer with direct sunlight and/or heat?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Does it ever get boiling lava hot in the summer with direct sunlight and/or heat?
    I have never had any issues with excessive heat from this ebrake handle, but then I don't remember if it was that hot. Been a long time since I have used this eBrake handle in my car... I had this installed on my first BMW, a '99 323i, and loved it. When I sold that BMW, I removed the eBrake handle to put on my next BMW which was my last ZHP but I never got around to it so I found this eBrake handle while sorting out my garage the other weekend and decided to install it in my current ZHP.

Worse case, I can always put a microfiber towel over the handle when left exposed in direct sunlight. To me it's no big deal... I might need to do a slight adjustment of the eBrake handle though...

I have an OE folding sun visor that I use during the summer months to keep the interior cool, works great. I hate getting into a hot car that’s been sitting and additionally wouldn’t like to grab any hot metal. Definitely wouldn’t feel good!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I have an OE folding sun visor that I use during the summer months to keep the interior cool, works great. I hate getting into a hot car that’s been sitting and additionally wouldn’t like to grab any hot metal. Definitely wouldn’t feel good!
    Thanks for reminding me to get one for my car! I need to grab two sun visors so I can place them on the Audi and ZHP.

Yeah, theres always options out there to keep the interior cool. In my old 1996 VW Harlequin Golf, the previous owner machined his own 100% fully billet aluminum shift knob that, while good looking, was extremely hot to the touch. I would share the same sentiment as the person who originally brought the question/potential issue up. I wouldn't want to brand myself! haha
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 22 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast