Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I think you missed a spot cleaning the exterior.......lol
    I can always count on you Jacob! Thanks!!!

I wanted to show everyone just how bad this poor ZHP was at the time I rescued her. Most of the issues I found were not disclosed by the previous owner but in his defense I like to think he was just too ignorant to know everything wrong with this car, but in reality he’s more like an opportunistic asshat who likes to make money off of people for his gain.

Either way, I purchased this car from a non-enthusiast who thinks he knows these cars. Apparently not....

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 03-30-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Great work. Reminds me of when I first brought mine home!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

big fan of your work charlie! keep it up and stay safe!

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy_JZ View Post
    Great work. Reminds me of when I first brought mine home!
    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi169 View Post
    big fan of your work charlie! keep it up and stay safe!
    Thanks guys!!!

All sorts of epic-ness!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Charlie, I am glad that you made a decision to document everything. There is tons of high quality job that has been done to this car.
    For those if you who knows Charlie, understand how much of his time and elbow grease were spent between July and now. I've witnessed few thigs that he worked on when I stopped by see him during the summer.
    The paint is smooth as brand new glass. It has stunning amount if shine for 230k mile car. But you know, Charlie detailing standards are high and I am not surprised that his car is always clean.
    Pictures below and showing the man on the mission of cleaning roof gutters and painting the roof plastic trim. I do not have a pictures of those nasty looking gutters, but trust me, there were pretty bad and I have no idea where the car was parked in the past.

Anyways, good luck Charlie. You are doing crazy amount of work by keeping 4 cars at high standards. I am looking forward for more progress.
    P.S. we still need to do a proper photo shoot when Botond will bring his ZHP back to live. Name:  20200801_141339.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  89.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    All sorts of epic-ness!
    Working on it John, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Charlie, I am glad that you made a decision to document everything. There is tons of high quality job that has been done to this car.

For those if you who knows Charlie, understand how much of his time and elbow grease were spent between July and now. I've witnessed few thigs that he worked on when I stopped by see him during the summer.

The paint is smooth as brand new glass. It has stunning amount if shine for 230k mile car. But you know, Charlie detailing standards are high and I am not surprised that his car is always clean.

Pictures below and showing the man on the mission of cleaning roof gutters and painting the roof plastic trim. I do not have a pictures of those nasty looking gutters, but trust me, there were pretty bad and I have no idea where the car was parked in the past.
    I have pictures Sergy. I forgot to post these when I posted a few pictures of issues this car came to me with so here they are for everyone to see. This is what happens when you leave your car parked under trees for a given length of time. This is why for those of you who do this to your car, you should be checking your drains and roof rails to make sure they are not crapped out like mine were.

All four points were crapped out just as bad as you see in the picture above.... when I pulled off both roof rails, the undersides of both of them were completely covered in this crap...

Looking at my tracks right after I took off the roof rails, what respect I had for the previous owner (who bragged he knew ZHPs) went away. At this time I did not finish identifying all the issues I had posted in the beginning of my project thread. This is when I began looking deeper into my car...

The tracks themselves were crudded with debris and pine needles so I already knew my drains were clogged... SMFH

I took my time cleaning off the roof rails and tracks and a lot of microfiber cloth and cleaner spray were used in the process to get my roof rails perfectly cleaned up for painting...

These tracks should always be kept clean to look like this... this way your drains will never get clogged...

The outside part of both roof rails were faded and paint in poor shape so I sanded them and then primed the roof rails for painting.

Even painting these roof rails from my garage is a huge improvement as compared to the condition they were when I got this car. How the previous owner/s took care of this car is disappointing to say the least... I would consider how my ZHP was treated by it's previous owners more as "abuse" than neglect...

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Anyways, good luck Charlie. You are doing crazy amount of work by keeping 4 cars at high standards. I am looking forward for more progress.

P.S. we still need to do a proper photo shoot when Botond will bring his ZHP back to live.
    Sergy, you know I will get this car back in shape in time.... the previous owner pissed me off by how he allowed this car to be sold in the condition like this and cheaping out on it in both maintenance and care... Everything will be sorted on this car when I'm done. Worse case, if I have to replace the engine then an S54 will be in the future for this car...but I will look at this if this engine ever dies on me.... thanks for your compliments of my work
    Last edited by cakM3; 03-30-2022 at 11:20 AM.

The first ZHP I ever saw was this color with alcantara interior when I was maybe 16-18 years old that an old friend owned. Completely forgot about ZHPs altogether (this was during my VW phase of life) until I decided to look at BMWs on Craigslist and came across my first ZHP that I bought.

Those recent pics in the garage show just how deep that blue is, pretty crazy
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    The first ZHP I ever saw was this color with alcantara interior when I was maybe 16-18 years old that an old friend owned. Completely forgot about ZHPs altogether (this was during my VW phase of life) until I decided to look at BMWs on Craigslist and came across my first ZHP that I bought.

Those recent pics in the garage show just how deep that blue is, pretty crazy
    I agree Jacob. In the sun this color really stands out. Deep color with metallic flakes... absolutely beautiful color when given the care and a proper detail

Here's how my ZHP looked under the previous owner’s care... poor BMW . . .

And the same car but now under my ownership and care...even in the shade my ZHP now shines and looks clean even when it is dirty...
    Last edited by cakM3; 03-30-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Come down to KY and clean mine up. I’ll provide the adult beverages of your choice haha. Night and day difference
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast