Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 58 of 119 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    That's what I keep asking him. He could have documented during all the breaks we took lol
    exactly

Lol. I took pics along the way, hopefully finished soon. And thanks, I finally turned the corner 5 days into this bad cold.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Lol. I took pics along the way, hopefully finished soon. And thanks, I finally turned the corner 5 days into this bad cold.
    For those with slushbox transmissions.... the 6MT retrofit is a huge mod... worthy of being documented so that others who want to do this will have a idea what is required to accomplish this mod...

This is why I detailed the process of retrofitting the OEM M3 gauge cluster into my ZHP (my solution)... with exception of contact info which I will gladly provide via PM for anyone interested in doing this retrofit... this way others are aware that there are more than one way (Terra's programming) to do the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Nice, okay. Very interested at this point. If you ever find the time to take a video, I'd love to see a warmed car with varying rates of acceleration and when the shift lights come on. But damn, looks great!
    I will have to take a video of this with someone else riding shotgun taking the video while I am rowing thru the gears... I can say that the shift lights work well as I revved the car well after the engine has warmed and noticed the shift lights engaging as I was rowing thru the gears at WOT... I can say I am very pleased with this mod.

I'll get some pics up soon. You've always been good about the helpful details on your mods. As for my swap, I am following well documented DIYs that have been around for years so not much I would add, outside of my own experiences which would vary among individuals. So, mine will be more just a few 'along the way' pics and captions, not a DIY.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I'll get some pics up soon. You've always been good about the helpful details on your mods. As for my swap, I am following well documented DIYs that have been around for years so not much I would add, outside of my own experiences which would vary among individuals. So, mine will be more just a few 'along the way' pics and captions, not a DIY.
    I would at least post links to those DIYs you're referencing along with your pictures so others who are seeing your project thread can then reference those DIYs to help them do the research for their 6MT conversions...

I try to document the mods I do to my ZHP so that other's who decide they want to pony up the cash to do the mod are able to... to me there's nothing more irritating than someone posting what they have done and not post how they were able to do it... forums are supposed to be a place where we all help each other out... and that is something I have seen more from this forum than all the other BMW forums is that members here have been helpful... we should continue this in my opinion...

For me, seeing you do the 6MT retrofit... it's about damned time you did this to your ZHP... you will get so much more enjoyment rowing thru the gears.
    I'm glad Hieu's influence has finally gotten a hold of you

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I would at least post links to those DIYs you're referencing along with your pictures so others who are seeing your project thread can then reference those DIYs to help them do the research for their 6MT conversions...

I try to document the mods I do to my ZHP so that other's who decide they want to pony up the cash to do the mod are able to... to me there's nothing more irritating than someone posting what they have done and not post how they were able to do it... forums are supposed to be a place where we all help each other out... and that is something I have seen more from this forum than all the other BMW forums is that members here have been helpful... we should continue this in my opinion...

For me, seeing you do the 6MT retrofit... it's about damned time you did this to your ZHP... you will get so much more enjoyment rowing thru the gears.
    I'm glad Hieu's influence has finally gotten a hold of you
    I don't think he needs to do that. I mean it's widely available info, that's why we were able to do it in the first place. If we were pioneering it or like doing something way different than what's out there then I can see a need for it.

So now all I need to see is Charlie's CF roof install lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I don't think he needs to do that. I mean it's widely available info, that's why we were able to do it in the first place. If we were pioneering it or like doing something way different than what's out there then I can see a need for it.

So now all I need to see is Charlie's CF roof install lol
    No arguments here Hieu! I have been waiting to do this install on my M3 as well... I have a few trips coming up for work... perhaps I will make extra money from those trips to finally get this carbon fiber roof panel installed

Besides... I can't consider putting on a carbon fiber roof panel on my ZHP until I have done this to my M3 first

Great revival! Car looks mega.

Quote Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
    Great revival! Car looks mega.
    thx

There will be more upgrades coming....

Page 58 of 119 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast