Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 69 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have heard about the Edition 33 but that was exclusively for the touring model and came in three exterior colors (Silverstone Metalic, Le Mans Blau Metalic and Estoril Blau Metalic) and were sold in Europe. If you can find them those are incredibly rare and most likely very expensive to source but would not look right being on sedans in my opinion however they would be unique

Until I started searching for these BMW Individual door sills I did not know about the BMW Special Edition door sills and a full set recently sold on eBay.
    The secret is to check eBay Kleinanzeigen, it's for local stuff but sometimes they will ship internationally (or you can ask me nicely to pick it up and ship it once I head home)

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...88995-223-4223
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    The secret is to check eBay Kleinanzeigen, it's for local stuff but sometimes they will ship internationally (or you can ask me nicely to pick it up and ship it once I head home)

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...88995-223-4223
    Thanks for your generous offer! I don't feel right installing those door sills however since the Performance Package - ZHP option was developed by BMW Individual group, I have no issue installing these door sills on my ZHP.
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Since I sourced the used rear sunshade assembly from a '99 BMW on eBay recently, I decided to purchase this rear sunshade repair kit from AGA Tools and install this kit into my rear sunshade assembly so the sunshade sliders won't ever fail as the new sliders are made of aluminum and the original sliders are made out of plastic which will break over time.

https://agatools.com/products/sunshade-repair-kit

So with this purchase I have the following items lined up to do this retrofit once the weather warms up just a little bit . . .

- Sun Blind assembly, BMW pn: 51-46-8-202-185

- Sun Blind Motor Assy, BMW pn: 67-65-6-916-270

- Fillister Head Screw, BMW pn: 07-14-9-149-399 (used to secure the sun blind assembly to the rear deck)

- Switch Unit, BMW pn: 61-31-6-925-512 (with heated seats, DSC, HK, TPMS, sunblind switches)

- 22 gauge, 100’ roll Yellow wire (used to make up the wiring loom for rear sun shade to center console switch module)

- 22 gauge, 100’ roll Brown wire (used to make up the wiring loom for rear sun shade to center console switch module)

- BMW Cloth tape (I got two rolls just to make sure I have more than enough)

- AGA Tools Sun Blind repair kit (see link under picture above)

There are DIYs out there, most notably from delmarco (Olaf) but pictures from his DIY are no longer available so all you have are the steps. He also has a few videos of his rear sunshade retrofit and you can look for them however none of them use the center console switch module that I am using for my retrofit as his was done using the individual sun shade switch so his procedure will be slightly different from how I will be doing mine.

EDIT: (26JAN22) Sunshade repair kit was installed onto my rear sunshade assembly. I won't have to worry about the plastic sliders breaking now.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:45 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

BMW cloth tapes on hand.

Parts needed for my rear sunshade retrofit starting to come in . . .

Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

BMW cloth tapes on hand.

Parts needed for my rear sunshade retrofit starting to come in . . .

Good know that part number for OEM wire tape.
    Slowly, but surely everything is getting on your hands. Nice!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Good know that part number for OEM wire tape.
    Slowly, but surely everything is getting on your hands. Nice!
    Getting there Sergy
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:46 PM.

Really want to see those coilovers to be installed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Really want to see those coilovers to be installed.
    I'll be getting them done this Spring when weather is better. It will happen this year Sergy
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:46 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

My Yellow and Brown wire came in today so I will start making up my wiring harness for my rear sunblind retrofit tonight

I will also be needing these two female ends to insert on one end of my wiring harness which goes into the plug at the back of the switch module at the center console.

Wiring harness for the retrofit is made up

Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:47 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

For those of you who have the factory sunshade in your sedans or coupes, this is something you should consider doing as the slider clios are made of plastic and will eventually fail.

Since I will be retrofitting this option into my ZHP with a sunshade assembly from a 1999 BMW sedan on its way to me, I have decided to purchase this repair kit and do the repairs preemptively. The only problem I would have from my rear sunshade assembly, if ever, will be the motor failing so I will order the motor assembly separately and put it aside as spares in the event I have this failure.

As time continues, E46 parts such as the rear sunshade and components for it will become expensive or NLA so that is why I source some parts.

EDIT: (26JAN22) this kit was installed on my rear sunshade assembly today.

Last edited by cakM3; 02-01-2022 at 01:40 PM.

Page 69 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast