Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 80 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

My Mystic Adventure...

Swapping out my leather steering wheel for my Coby Black Alcantara steering wheel today

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

My Mystic Adventure...

I find it amazing that I have had this Coby wheel ever since I had my first ZHP and that it still looks amazing after all these years Mike really does quality work and it shows

I love running the Alcantara steering wheel during the summer months because the wheel does not burn your hands when grabbing them after the car has sat in the blistering sun all day . . . instead the wheel is nice and warm

We know you know how to swap steering wheels, but do you have/know of a good write-up or video of the process? Thanks!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    We know you know how to swap steering wheels, but do you have/know of a good write-up or video of the process? Thanks!
    John, I found a video that shows you step by step how to remove the airbag and steering wheel. The guy in the video does a very good job explaining the entire process. If you have any question feel free to reach out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Lq8EA4wvo

Thank you, kind sir! I'll check it out.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

My Mystic Adventure...

I'm trimming my M3 side mirror baseplates to make them sedan fitment. Then I will prep the baseplates and mirror housings for paint and put several coats of paint to get my side mirrors done so I can mount them

It takes a very steady hand to do this without clamping it

Having these 3D printed mirror motor baseplates a good friend gave me will help to mount my OE mirror motors into my M3 mirror housings

M3 Autofolding Side Mirror project

The following items have been purchased for my upcoming OEM M3 side mirror retrofit project I plan to start and complete this July . . .

This part has to have the purple bottom in order to work for E46 BMWs. I have this part in my M3 and it works flawlessly so I ordered the same part for my ZHP.

I also purchased this today just for the autofold motors that are part of this mirror assembly. I will be adding a section in my M3 side mirror retrofit DIY for converting the side mirror assembly into euro autofolding side mirrors once these mirror assemblies arrive.

My new wide angle side mirrors from the UK arrived today

I may need to extend the mirror heat wires so they can reach the connections on the back of the mirror. I have enough wire and heat shrink to make this happen if need be...

So everything has been set in motion for starting this project, including painting the side mirrors for a July retrofit I have already begun updating my DIY with more to follow once I have everything on hand to complete this DIY.

Which UK vendor did you purchase the aspherical mirrors from?

Page 80 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast