Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 87 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Did you send your injectors off to be flow tested?
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    No I did not. This is something I plan to replace but sometime in May/June time frame. I have already spent enough sourcing all the parts I have recently sourced. I am now about to buy a new starter and crank position sensor just because I have easy access to them now so I have to look at doing other items for later after my wallet recovers a bit. After all, I sourced pretty much quality parts, not OEM equivalent as I don't believe they are the same as proven to me by what the previous owner used when he did the cooling system refresh on this car using cheap OEM equivalent parts he sourced from his local NAPA store . . . SMFH . . .

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Do you have or know a good vendor? I would be interested to do it over the winter time on one of my cars.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

My Mystic Adventure...

I followed Jon's (JupiterBMW) DIY on doing the TPMS retrofit and officially finished doing this retrofit today. All the information needed to do this retrofit is in his well written DIY

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...e-doityourself

I went with ordering the contact and rubber grommet rather than messing the part up trying to get it out of a used connector plug . . .

I can now cross this off my list of many things I have yet to do for my current daily driver . . .

Seeing it will be going into the Winter season soon... I will also swap in my leather steering wheel and take out the black Alcantara steering wheel and clean it for storage until APR/MAY time frame when I swap steering wheels again . . . getting a lot done on my ZHP this year.
    Last edited by cakM3; 10-15-2022 at 05:56 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

My intake manifold has been thoroughly cleaned using full strength Simple Green and new intake gaskets replaced. I have never seen such a dirty intake manifold like what I have seen from this ZHP but it has been cleaned and looks much better now. Also replaced the Engine Temperature Sensor which is mounted at the rear cylinder head underneath the intake manifold. The OE part looked worse for wear and I'm glad to have changed this out while I had easy access.

New sensor installed

The OE sensor

My Intake Manifold after being cleaned with new gaskets installed and OE CCV deleted.

The electric fan has been removed and water pump pulley bolts loosened so when I take the belts off I can easily unscrew the water pump pulley from the water pump.

This week I plan to shave part of the front of my intake manifold where the oil filter housing is located so that when the time comes and I begin wrapping everything up after installing all my cooling system components, I can finish installing my G.A.S. CCV Replacement kit and call this maintenance done.

This is a learning experience for me in that I have never pulled the intake manifold off on any BMW I have owned and I have never done an extensive cooling system overhaul before. I have done cooling system refresh where I replaced the radiator, upper and lower radiator hoses, sensors and water pump/thermostat but never the entire cooling system hoses and hard line. When complete my cooling system should be solid as I sourced everything (BMW original parts) and the Stewart Water Pump from FCP Euro. It will be nice to have the lightweight aluminum water pump pulley from ECS Tuning and water pump cap installed as well.

Once this maintenance is all done I think I will be looking to do my power steering system next and GUIBO/center line bearing maintenance which still needs to be done and at that time install my Autosolutions SSK. I may take the lazy route and take my ZHP to Banchwerks in Providence and have them install my Bilstein PSS-10s coilovers and Ground Control Camber kit and be done with this. That way when the 2023 car season comes, the ZHP should be set up pretty nice...
    Last edited by cakM3; 01-07-2023 at 12:39 AM.

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'm interested in seeing the GAS finished product. I think with all this work done, you'll probably notice a difference in drivability/how it runs.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

My Mystic Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I'm interested in seeing the GAS finished product. I think with all this work done, you'll probably notice a difference in drivability/how it runs.
    Jacob, I'm expecting my ZHP to run much better after all the refreshing being done to her. Pretty much a brand new cooling system, new sensors, cleaned intake system . . . car should be good for awhile there.

The G.A.S. CCV Replacement will be a big improvement over the OE CCV setup I just deleted from my ZHP. Looking forward to having this in my engine bay

I can then focus my attention on other areas of my car for the 2023 season

Perhaps sourcing a used UUC Corsa TSE3 full exhaust setup since new ones are now NLA . . . I love this exhaust

Got to keep the maintenance/mods/upgrades going on this restoration project . . .

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 05-15-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Page 87 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast