Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 88 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Turns out the hose I need to complete my entire cooling system overhaul is no longer available (that's right! NLA) from BMW.

It is item #5 on the drawing as shown from RealOEM. I went to the dealer to see if there was any part number change or any possible cross reference to get this part and it just does not exist so for those of you out there looking to do a complete overhaul of all your cooling system hoses be aware this part will need to be built.

I will be building this part to ensure all my hoses are replaced as I am doing this overhaul and want to have all hoses associated with my cooling system replaced.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Part number 64218376999 is for that heater hose. It connects from the valve to the hardline. It is still available as a bmw part of rein

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Part number 64218376999 is for that heater hose. It connects from the valve to the hardline. It is still available as a bmw part of rein
    Awesome Vas, thanks! I must have overlooked this part. Will be placing order ASAP. Appreciate it!

Nice progress!

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Got my OFHG and VANOS oil feed line changed out yesterday and I found this while looking things over... I still need to clean this area (I know . . .)

taking a closer look I find this . . .

I then noticed this . . .

I had asked a few people if they had any idea as to what this is and the response I got was wiring for the oil level sensor. That seemed the consensus so if any of you know different please feel free to post what this is . . .

Well another item to add on my list of things to fix on this ZHP. Good thing this is my project car . . . not a turnkey car.

My Mystic Adventure...

As I continue working on my ZHP, I'm inspecting components the previous owner used when he "refreshed" the cooling system he sourced parts for this car from his local NAPA store.

It is obvious he sourced the cheapest priced components and pictures below showing one of those cheap parts he used, in this case the thermostat, shows why you should source original BMW parts for a car of this caliber, even if these cars are 18 years old . . .

I saw this and immediately realized the main issue I have been having since purchasing this car. This is my suspect faulty part and once everything has been put back together I will be able to confirm my suspicions.

The original BMW Thermostat for comparison.

It will be nice to have my entire cooling system refreshed, and it will be one less system on this car I need to worry about. I will then be able to focus on my GUIBO/center line bearing maintenance then begin my suspension upgrade/refresh. Car is in serious need of all this work and will be getting better as I continue restoring this amazing daily driver

I am glad to see that you doing entire coolong system Charlie. It is definitely a way to go consider your mileage and plans for the car.
    Which car is performing temporarily daily duty, Audi avant? I am guessing M3 and 911 are getting prep for hibernation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    I am glad to see that you doing entire coolong system Charlie. It is definitely a way to go consider your mileage and plans for the car...
    Thanks to Vas for supplying the part number for the final hose I needed to do my entire cooling system overhaul, I will begin the fun part of taking out all the cheap parts the previous owner used while refreshing the entire cooling system (radiator, upper/lower radiator hose, expansion tank, thermostat, water pump) and the OE hard lines and hoses beginning tomorrow morning. I will replace all parts with original OEM BMW parts with exception of the water pump where I will use the Stewart Water Pump instead. Having all hoses and hard lines replaced will provide piece of mind. Still lots of work to do

New vacuum lines have been installed, TPMS retrofitted, new intake boots and a G.A.S. CCV Replacement kit to install when I put everything back together
    Last edited by cakM3; 05-15-2023 at 04:14 PM.

My Mystic Adventure...

Cooling system hard lines were replaced today and they were in need of replacement after 240k miles on them. The lower hard line came apart as I was removing it and part of it remained in the fitting on my engine block where it mounts to. Looks like it was a very good thing I replaced these lines during this maintenance period . . .

I used a greenie pad to clean out the debris that remained so I could slide in the new part

this is the broken end of my lower coolant line. It's supposed to look like this

This was the stuck part in the fitting that I removed

After removing this I'm glad I decided to do a full cooling system overhaul replacing all cooling system hoses and hard lines on my ZHP. This is one area properly done

The scope of this maintenance is doing a full cooling system replacement using original BMW parts (all hoses and hard lines, thermostat, sensors), Stewart Water Pump, ECS Tuning Aluminum lightweight water pump pulley, full cleaning of the intake manifold w/ new gaskets, cleaning of the idle control valve, cleaning of the DISA and new gasket, cleaning of the throttle body and new gasket, Oil Filter Housing gasket replacement, new oil pressure and temperature switch, new engine coolant sensor, new coolant level sensor, VANOS Oil Feed line replacement, recover sensor wiring with fresh plastic corrigated sleeves, clean/recondition my fuel injectors and replace if necessary, fresh o-rings where needed throughout, install new fuel injector kit (new o-rings and injector clips), trim intake manifold and injector cover for G.A.S. CCV Replacement kit, delete entire factory CCV system, then lastly install my G.A.S. CCV Replacement kit.

Imagine what the bill for all this would be if I had a shop do all this work?

Last edited by cakM3; 05-20-2023 at 09:04 AM.

In the picture below is the water pump nut installed to protect the water pump thread.

Cooling system has been overhauled pending reinstallation of my electric cooling fan. I have a few more things to address before installing my fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 03-31-2024 at 11:28 AM.

Page 88 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast