Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No idea, crazy!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Wow. Strange failure, I've never heard of that before. Do you need an intake manifold? If so, PM me. I have one you can have for price of shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I believe @330i ZHP bought a car that had a blown up intake manifold. Something to do with the fuel system. Maybe he will chime im to correct me

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I'm leaning toward some type of fuel leak myself, maybe leaky injector? just not sure where to start looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Wow. Strange failure, I've never heard of that before. Do you need an intake manifold? If so, PM me. I have one you can have for price of shipping.
    Thanks for the offer I have one installed already.
    Dave

That’s actually crazy, I’d say it was a one in a million fluke thing. Wouldn’t chalk it up to anything more than that.

ITBs would be pretty cool as well
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by Hobiedave02 View Post
    I'm leaning toward some type of fuel leak myself, maybe leaky injector? just not sure where to start looking?
    I agree. Something must have caused a backfire in the intake. I hope the mechanic tested the injectors. It would have been an easy thing to do at that point. Also should have tested the fuel pressure. I don't like the "clogged CCV" story, especially knowing the OP had just replaced it. Can a clogged CCV cause a backfire? I've heard of CCV's causing the engine to suck raw oil out of the oil pan, hydrolocking the engine but not backfiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    I agree. Something must have caused a backfire in the intake. I hope the mechanic tested the injectors. It would have been an easy thing to do at that point. Also should have tested the fuel pressure. I don't like the "clogged CCV" story, especially knowing the OP had just replaced it. Can a clogged CCV cause a backfire? I've heard of CCV's causing the engine to suck raw oil out of the oil pan, hydrolocking the engine but not backfiring.
    What he told me was that he checked compression and also said that the CCV was clogged. he did not test anything else. But I'm of for a week so I will be doing some testing and checking the injectors and fuel pressure. odd that it was clogged due to the fact I still had oil consumption the same as always 1qt for every 2000 miles. I will check back if I find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobiedave02 View Post
    What he told me was that he checked compression and also said that the CCV was clogged. he did not test anything else. But I'm of for a week so I will be doing some testing and checking the injectors and fuel pressure. odd that it was clogged due to the fact I still had oil consumption the same as always 1qt for every 2000 miles. I will check back if I find anything.
    I believe 50sKid has a video showing how to test the injectors and fuel pressure. Also, you might try the 02Pilot Mod to reduce oil consumption.

I've seen this a handful of times, but always E53 X5 B30s. We never attributed it to anything specific and all the cars that had the manifold replaced didn't have the issue reoccur.

But as I think about it the B30s (most often in E53s) were/are very susceptible to flooding on cold start. Down here it is common that on a cold ambient temp and cold start these cars will crank, fire for a brief moment and then flood and stall. I don't know what causes this cold start flood, but if it's a weird over fueling or something like that I could easily see it cause a backfire, especially if the fuel is old.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    I've seen this a handful of times, but always E53 X5 B30s. We never attributed it to anything specific and all the cars that had the manifold replaced didn't have the issue reoccur.

But as I think about it the B30s (most often in E53s) were/are very susceptible to flooding on cold start. Down here it is common that on a cold ambient temp and cold start these cars will crank, fire for a brief moment and then flood and stall. I don't know what causes this cold start flood, but if it's a weird over fueling or something like that I could easily see it cause a backfire, especially if the fuel is old.
    It was a cold start that day in the 40's. I removed the injectors and cleaned them and checked for proper operation. I could find no issues. I did have some strong fuel exhaust smell on starting a few times. The only issue I still have that I had before was long cranking but very inconsistent. 5-6 times it cranks on the first touch of the key. then it will crank and I will stop and have to crank it again to get it going. it takes a while to get the engine rpm up. it seems to stumble and very lumpy idle . until I give it lots of peddle. Fuel pressure is good at 50 on initial then down to 40psi and holds good. Fuel pump was replaced 75k ago.
    thanks for the comments.
    Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast