Quote Originally Posted by Hobiedave02 View Post
It was a cold start that day in the 40's. I removed the injectors and cleaned them and checked for proper operation. I could find no issues. I did have some strong fuel exhaust smell on starting a few times. The only issue I still have that I had before was long cranking but very inconsistent. 5-6 times it cranks on the first touch of the key. then it will crank and I will stop and have to crank it again to get it going. it takes a while to get the engine rpm up. it seems to stumble and very lumpy idle . until I give it lots of peddle. Fuel pressure is good at 50 on initial then down to 40psi and holds good. Fuel pump was replaced 75k ago.
thanks for the comments.
Dave
Sounds like a leaking injector or something in the fuel delivery system not holding pressure.

The long crank does it relate to how long the car has been sitting? I.E. long cranks when sits for (2) days, but no issues if it sits for a hour.

Can you connect a fuel pressure gauge and see what the fuel pressure does when the engine is off?

If it is a leaking injector you can get the car to operating temp and simulate a drive cycle. Then pull the injectors/rail out of the intake and prop them up. Place sheets of white paper under the injectors and let them sit. After a period of time look to see if the paper is now discolored under an injector and that would be your leaking injector.