Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nice pickup and glad you joined us here to document the refresh!

Have you located where the diff is leaking? If it's just from the cover, then that's an easy reseal while you're swapping the fluid. If it's from one of the shaft seals then it gets a little more complicated.
    A diff cover reseal with the diff in the car is a pita.

I suggest pulling the diff out of the car to do the cover and the side seals.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome, enjoy the ride! (And wow, that's a lot of cars).

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    A diff cover reseal with the diff in the car is a pita.

I suggest pulling the diff out of the car to do the cover and the side seals.

What did you use to reseal? Also, when you take the diff out, anything you would recommend replacing while I’m at it?

Quote Originally Posted by PattyKellz View Post
    What did you use to reseal? Also, when you take the diff out, anything you would recommend replacing while I’m at it?
    That picture was before I cleaned the diff and resealed the cover.

For the sealer I used Loctite flange sealant 518. Side seals were the Corteco brand from FCPeuro. Installing them I bought a 3" pvc clean out plug from the hardware store.

With the diff out of the car I also replace the 3 diff mounts since they are cheap and I didn't want to pull the diff out again to do the job later again.

The big diff bushing is the one that goes bad first by cracking.

[QUOTE=Vas;602719]That picture was before I cleaned the diff and resealed the cover.

For the sealer I used Loctite flange sealant 518. Side seals were the Corteco brand from FCPeuro. Installing them I bought a 3" pvc clean out plug from the hardware store.

With the diff out of the car I also replace the 3 diff mounts since they are cheap and I didn't want to pull the diff out again to do the job later again.

Cool, thanks! - just ordered the bushings and side seals..Might as well get it all done at once. Did you follow a DIY that used that pvc piece in place of the tool? Id be interested to see it if you did.

Welcome, and congrats, from a fellow ZHPer/4runner-er!

[QUOTE=PattyKellz;602735]
    That picture was before I cleaned the diff and resealed the cover.

Cool, thanks! - just ordered the bushings and side seals..Might as well get it all done at once. Did you follow a DIY that used that pvc piece in place of the tool? Id be interested to see it if you did.
    I did not follow a diy. It was a pretty straightforward removal and install.

Well, quick update. Got a bit slowed down as a storm hit my area and decided to rip up my roof and have water leak into my dining room. Thank god 2020 is over...hopefully 2021 treats us better.

Most of the interior is back in the car. Only waiting on a few things. New shift knob(ECS sent me a 5 spd initially), Coby alcantara armrest cover, and a few addiitonal trim pieces that are slowly getting shipped.

Also, I have all the oils to get the engine oil, trans, oil, diff oil, and with Vas's suggestions got the side seals & diff mounts. Just need to find the time to get that done - hating the cold so may take me a bit.

Subtle update, but put the black kidney grilles in and they make a big difference for me. Anyone suggest a front plate delete? Interested where you ordered the center trim piece from?

Before:

After:

Grills Look good.

For the front plate delete it's part number 51118195304. I bought them from here https://www.thebmwminipartstore.com/

Don't forget to add the coun code Roundel at checkout

Isn't home ownership fun?

Grills Look good.

For the front plate delete it's part number 51118195304. I bought them from here https://www.thebmwminipartstore.com/

Don't forget to add the coun code Roundel at checkout

Isn't home ownership fun?

Thanks for the tip on the trim piece and discount code. Ordered! Plz keeping following so I can get your insight!

A few pics of the interior so far. Honestly 10 times better! Feels so much cleaner. As for painting trim pieces in sub 30 degree temps...prob not a good idea. So i ordered all new, and thats prob best. Only pieces not in for the below pics are the sunglass storage & center console base...those will be in next week. Also, still waiting on the arm rest alcantara cover from Coby. New shift knob, boot, cub holders, coin tray and everything cleaned down made a hugggge difference

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast