I am replacing the front struts and springs and realized that I can not torque the strut properly and I can not compress the spring properly.

The shop I went to had a better spring compressor so they got one spring installed onto the strut but I am not happy with how they torqued it.

I was surprised when they used an impact because they told me over the phone that they had the specialty tool to torque it down properly.

Also they couldn't get the second spring installed onto the other strut and told me the strut was defective "it is too short, the rod wont extend enough, there is no way we can compress the spring enough"

I believed them and left. Once I got home I called FCP euro and they assured me the strut was fine...

Anyways I do not want to go back to that shop, or any other right now. I thought I would ask the forums for help and maybe you could save me the hassle of having to deal with another shop.

If anyone has these specialty tools and would be kind enough to let me borrow them for half a day I would save about $100, be able to torque the nut correctly, and finish this job.

Anyways happy new years eve!