Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Anyone else notice the pics of the driver seat are angled so you cant see the drivers side bolster? Also, the steering wheel is obviously wrapped somewhat poorly (look at the 9 o’clock position and see the mistake). Not that it isn’t a clean car, but $15,400 is unreasonable. You’d need $2000 worth of parts to sort it for another $100k miles.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

According to the comments, it looks like it had a few minor warts, but would have been (IMHO) well-bought at the high bid of $12K. It might not be worth the reserve, though probably close. It all comes down to interpretation of those "warts".

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    Anyone else notice the pics of the driver seat are angled so you cant see the drivers side bolster?
    THAT is one of my pet peeves. Sometimes it's just inept photography, but SO often it's just hiding a problem. When I'm scanning craigslist postings that show a dozen "seat photos" but none of the driver's bolster, I just assume it's ripped to shreds and adjust my interest accordingly.

Eh $15.4K isn’t bad for this car. I see a lot worse selling for 12-14ish.
    One owner, solid mileage and not beat, goes a long way.

If it was listed on BAT I think he would have fetched $15k.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    Anyone else notice the pics of the driver seat are angled so you cant see the drivers side bolster? Also, the steering wheel is obviously wrapped somewhat poorly (look at the 9 o’clock position and see the mistake). Not that it isn’t a clean car, but $15,400 is unreasonable. You’d need $2000 worth of parts to sort it for another $100k miles.
    99% of it is wrapped nicely...but exactly where your fingers go on the backside of the 9 o'clock there is a mistake. Unfortunate given that it looks and feels good otherwise. I'm tempted to try and fix but nervous I'll make it worse.

And totally agree on valuation. I think $15K+ would require sorting all of the cosmetics at minimum but just wheels and headliner add up quick. Based on my brief drive and inspection, I don't actually think there are many mechanical issues to sort in the near future. Felt like I could take it on a road trip as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by habbyguy View Post
    According to the comments, it looks like it had a few minor warts, but would have been (IMHO) well-bought at the high bid of $12K. It might not be worth the reserve, though probably close. It all comes down to interpretation of those "warts".
    Yup, minor overall. This is a nice car but has been rarely used over the last couple years and needs a little TLC. Will start when I get it home this afternoon.

Tuckerware - did you buy it? If so, for close to the reserve,?

Quote Originally Posted by habbyguy View Post
    Tuckerware - did you buy it? If so, for close to the reserve,?
    Indeed I did. I offered $12K but we agreed on $12,500 which I think is very fair on both sides. I believe reserve on the auction was $14K but per above, I don't think it is worth that without addressing the cosmetic issues.

Hemmings was probably not the best platform - I only saw it because of Jim's (the seller) post in the FB group. A flipper could certainly could tart it up and easily get over $15K on BaT but this will be my daily for the foreseeable future.
    2004 BMW 330i Jet Black/Black 6-speed ZHP
    1999 BMW M3 Alpine White/Black 5-speed

Congrats - well, this certainly answers the question I raised about BAT vs. Hemmings (at least for the ZHP market). Thanks for the (valuable) input! And good luck getting those stinky wrinkles ironed out. Sounds like you got a very solid car for a great price!

Congrats ! Please feel free to introduce yourself here.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...ed-themselves)
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12