Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Not sure if I spazzed out or something but I'm only now seeing this. WOW. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE:

https://dmgautosport.net/products/e46-co-op

Price seems quite steep for what it is though.
    Yeah it's about a $150 part for me, if that. I'd be interested to see how much flex is actually there because the video could have been <1mm with how they conducted the test.

I like to do this kind of stuff by tying a (non-stretchable) string between two points, applying load, and measuring how much sag you get in the string. Would definitely be worth doing on your car to see if there is any flex in that area with the solid rear seat panel.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yeah it's about a $150 part for me, if that. I'd be interested to see how much flex is actually there because the video could have been <1mm with how they conducted the test.

I like to do this kind of stuff by tying a (non-stretchable) string between two points, applying load, and measuring how much sag you get in the string. Would definitely be worth doing on your car to see if there is any flex in that area with the solid rear seat panel.
    Yeah, what they should've done was removed the bolt altogether, drive up on the ramps, and check how misaligned the two holes were.

Also lol I initially interpreted your first remark as "I could make this for about $150" rather than "I'd only be willing to spend $150 on it"
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post

Shieeed sounds like I should plan another trip to Charlotte and the German restaurant in the near future.

I'm having some naughty thoughts right now (X-Brace + CO-OP + half cage) Hmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Also lol I initially interpreted your first remark as "I could make this for about $150" rather than "I'd only be willing to spend $150 on it"
    Why not both
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Shieeed sounds like I should plan another trip to Charlotte and the German restaurant in the near future.

I'm having some naughty thoughts right now (X-Brace + CO-OP + half cage) Hmmmmm...

Why not both
    We'll do the red car too.

Stiffest vs sloppiest e46 chassis compete in a flex off.

In an attempt to save you some dolla bills don't forget all that has to come out by next summer
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12